Note to New Members ×

East Coast Dupraz?

scrapster

Is there any reason to own a Dupraz on the east coast? (Besides for your trips out west :)).

Serge advertises them as "do-it-all" boards, ripping on groomers as well as handling with aplomb on pow. Is that really true, or just marketing? I'm really tempted to pick one up as a fresh snow/bumpy spring conditions-type board for when my stiffer ride starts bouncing me around too much. That "snow surfing" idea just sounds way cool.:cool:

Also, for anyone who's ridden one--is the required centered stance/weighting hard to adjust to?

Yes, the Dupraz is a do-it-all board. It will carve the groom much better than your run of the mill freestyle board, but don't expect expect Coiler Schtubby type performance.

I can do a fully laid out toeside eurocarve on my Dupraz, while in softboots. I couldn't do that on a Tanker or an Osin 4807.

And definitely the best board I've ridden for pow and moguls.

Call up Bola at All Boards Sports, i think he still carries them.

Ink

Oh yeah, my experience with them is that they ride great in pow and ok for other all mountain type stuff. I didn't like it much for carving because of the short effective edge but it does carve. For softie carving I prefer my Never Summer or Tanker 200.

Do a search in here as a lot has been typed about the Dupraz.

Ink

You guys are making this very difficult. I guess I have to figure out what I really need/want to add to the quiver :confused:--a more dedicated all-around carver, or a board that can handle those days with frustrating conditions and/or joyful amounts of pow. I can only get one more board, and that's going to be it for a long while. (I currently ride a Steepwater 164 with plates which is pretty satisfying for ice/hardpack carving and fun in untracked pow, but a little bouncy on everything else.)

I just picked up a 163 texallium Madd BX board, and think I may have pulled the trigger too soon as someone just offered me a good deal on the Dupraz I had been craving lately. Too bad I can only get/keep one...

However, I thank all of you for the input! (Keep it coming.)

Bola didn't carry them when I talked to him in the fall. The only guy I know is Yohann at Underground Tuning in Whistler BC. I can dig around for his number if you're interested in a cross border transaction.

I bought two Dupraz's from Yohann last year for me and a friend. The one I got was a big dinged up so I sent it back. So my buddy ended up with a Dupraz and I ended up empty handed. It might be a blessing in disguise because I've been using my Prior 4WD in fresh snow and it's working like a champ.

Bola didn't carry them when I talked to him in the fall. The only guy I know is Yohann at Underground Tuning in Whistler BC. I can dig around for his number if you're interested in a cross border transaction.

....The one I got was a big dinged up so I sent it back. So my buddy ended up with a Dupraz and I ended up empty handed. ...

It's a bummer that Bola doesn't carry the Dupraz anymore. I got mine from Bola last season. The first one I got was also dinged. Bola shipped out a replacement a couple days after I called him about the damaged board.

The OP should also check the Dupraz website. Last season, they had demos and blems available at a discounted price.

Of all the boards I own the Dupraz is my personal fav. Does everything pretty well. It is my only true all-mountain board.

Sure the "Tanker 200" holds more speed through the chop but the Dupraz comes to the surface with much less attention when it`s deep.

My "Worldwide" has more POP but sucks arse in pow and slaps me for landing badly... The Dupraz nose lets me get away with attrocious landings and still ride away while the stiff tail is still plenty of fun to POP of terrain features.

The "LSD" holds a much better top speed in good conditions but make a mistake and it spanks me hard. The Dupraz forgives my mistakes and allows me to keep going on my merry way.

My Apline boards rail much better but are basically confined to groomer days. The Dupraz can rail very well and has the option to go anywhere you`d like to.

The centered stance is really different when you first get on it but after awhile it has become a complete revelation to my riding. I can loose an edge on it and just keep pressure centered between my feet and get the edge back in 90% of the time. On any other board I own, once I`ve lost the edge I can probably only get it back 20% of the time.