Note to New Members ×

We need alpiners at Winter Park/Mary Jane

Biio-hazzard

Hey guys,

This is ian with Donek. It was a pleasure getting to know many of you better this past week up in Aspen for the SES. Great turnout! Great turns! Even as the oddball young guy, I really enjoyed all of your tremendously unique and passionate attitude towards our sport of hardbooting!

That being said, let's make this an underground uprising. I'm talking out guerilla marketing, on snow demos, free clinics and youth camps. I want to spearhead this in my realm of influence - the Front Range so WP, Loveland, ABay and Summit County (where Fin and Michelle and Laura are currently located)

A number of years back Sean of Donek convinced me to try out a Pilot 157 with TD2 plates at a session - it was a bluebird day the highlands and the last thing I wanted to do was be one of those silly carving machines. I wanted to head over to snowmass or buttermilk and park session!

But I don't knock till I try and once I made that first turn and felt the Gs, I was hooked. It really progressed my riding too.

Snowboarders in America need to know that this is not just the next fad. This is the way a snowboard was meant to be ridden, edged turns, not skidded, using the turn shape and angulation to control your speed, etc. We need to show Colorado that Euro-carving and recreational freecarving is a) fun! b) safe c) easy to get into

That being said, if you are at Winter Park a lot or actually work there like me, please please please give me a call and let's go grap a corona at Coffee/Tea after work today...4pm

Ian,

I am also a WP/MJ employee (I do the snow report in the morning). I don't own any "hards" because of finacial reasons, but I would love to hang out with carvers, as I race GS and slalom and could use some technique hints and fast guys to ride with. The only hardbooters I know in this region are Karla Whitacre, Stan Seagress and Mark Kress.

the snow goddess