Note to New Members ×

Riding this weekend?

CaRtharsis

• 3 weeks later...

I'm definitely in for a day-trip on the weekend. Lots of school work to do during the week, but life is not complete without one day of snowboarding a week! Saturday or Sunday are both fine...the hills seem quieter on Sunday but we can watch the weather.

LET'S RIDE!!!

Hey, Went to edelweiss last night. There were a bunch of racers in the way when we got there but they eventually cleared out.

I tried a new setup. 20.5" stance, 60deg on both feet just to get the boots on. No canting. Had front toe lift and rear heal lift. I had measured the amount of adjustment screw exposed above the plates (OS2's) and 3mm difference from front two and rear 2 on each plate. I'm sure a saw a how to for adjusting the bindings somewhere so I guess I should find it.

After the first few runs I found this much more useable than my previous attempts. I think the toe lift did it. By the end of the night I was damn near killing myself everytime I hit one of my own trenches! That really peeved the racers. :eplus2:

This however did make me realize something. My boots are a terrible fit. The heel lift is rediculous, the liner provides no support andd the boots are too long as evidenced by the arch support being too far forward under my foot. Time to splurge and get something decent!! Looks like a trip to Montreal may be in order.

Ian, any suggestions on where to go? I forgot it is the wife's birthday Sunday however she said I could go anyhow if that works best for everyone else. I will be travelling to Tremblant on Monday as well so I would prefer not to do alot of driving on the weekend. Anyone else interested?

I meant to call you, Chris, but got absorbed in a project.

If it is raining and plus 7 on Friday and the freezing overnight, I suggest we wait until Sunday! (If that's okay with your wife!) Unless you really like riding frozen ice cord.

Local is fine...I'm happy to ride anywhere but Fortune. I prefer Calabogie and Vorlage. 'Bogie is worth trying if you haven't already. Hour and a quarter vs. 45 minutes to Edelweiss or Vorlage.

Glad you're enjoying the new stance! I can't believe the difference that my changes have made. Mine is similar - 3 degrees toe and heel lift with a little cant inward on the front and outward on the back. I've never felt so comfy and balanced. My heelside feels like it should improved a lot - that's the one I've always had difficulties with.

Cheers!

I could do Calabogie on Sunday. Try and get out early. Might even be able to get my friend out on the carving gear he just got.

My next adjustment will be to tip the back leg out as well. I have a bad tendancy to try and drive my rear knee into my front. Not good form, or good on the knees.

I think I may call Andrea and see if she has the 700 in a 28 or 28.5. I need the width and mine are just too long. A shorter shell would help me out with the crazy angles I need as well.

How do you like your BTS?

• 3 weeks later...

Darn it... which I saw this thread earlier.... I met up with two other carvers at Edelweiss.. Mike and Pierre....

Well.. the season is almost at then ed.. I am going to tremblant thiw weekend... but will probably hit the slope at edelweiss next week.. let me know if any of u will be there next week...