Note to New Members ×

my newborn boy and his new toy

Christian

Just one week ago my little son Levi was born. Right one day later he got his (or my) new toy :D. Because he needs some more years to fully enjoy it, I think he don't mind if I ride it in the meantime. :biggthump

It is a "standard" Coiler X2 Schtubby with a special and secret tail modification :biggthump.

Thanks Bruce!

PS: yes I know I have a little bit of toe-overhang on my backfoot. But I think I'll try those low angles (55/50) and if its not working I go a little bit up.

my.php?image=levi1iq1.jpgmy.php?image=levi1iq1.jpg

levi1iq1.jpg

klossix20re7.jpg

klossix21ii7.jpg

klossix22qk0.jpg

klossix23im8.jpg

klossix24ak7.jpg

Cograts on the newborn! Is this your first child? I have an 18-month boy -- adopted him last Feb, so it's been nearly a year. I plan to start taking to the slopes next year, can't wait.

That's a gorgeous board. Does that tail shape serve any purpose other than aesthetics?

Regarding your rear toe overhang, it looks as if you could probably index the binding toward the heel to reduce toe overhang without getting heel overhang, but it's hard to tell for sure without seeing your boot clipped in.

The tail shape does not serve any purpose. I just liked the tails of some of Shreds boards and ended up asking Bruce if he could do something similar to my board. I think he did pretty well.

BadBrad your right, I moved my backbinding more to the toe-edge and my frontbinding to my heel-edge. Thats called "bias" or "gilmour bias". This opens up the hips a little bit. I did try it a few months ago and like it. So I can do two things to eliminate the boot overhang. First is centering the binding again or second go a little bit up with my angles. But first I'll try it like it is, because I think I get boot out only if I do some EC carves, which I don't (yet).

Christian

PS: I'm waiting for the day when I take my son for the first time to the slopes. I really hope he like it.