Note to New Members ×

Boarder X and Y format

Guest darryl

Guest darryl

Hi all, quick couple of questions. I know you can’t use an alpine board for these events, will a Donek Axis be allowed? Also, where can you do supper cross (snowboard) in the east coast. Thank

You can use an Alpine Board for Boarder-x... According FIS rules the tail corners have to be rounded... i think it was 5cm radius. (2").

F2 built their SL and RS boards with a rounded tail according those FIS rules.

The axis will work for bx. You might want to know, however, that most of our riders are using the incline in bx courses. There has been the occaisional talk of modifying the tail shape of our race boards to meet the FIS requirements, but everyone winds up on an incline in the end.

Guest coolrunnings

you are actually about 5 years outdated with the tail info. that was an old isf rule that usasa and ussa adopted for their kiddie events. fis doesnt stipulate rules for tail shape.

There are a number of succesful bx ers on the world cup with alpine boards with square tails.

now that soft boot equipment is evolving and the technique is improving, there arent alot of courses that offer a great advantage to a hard booter. its more what you are more confident on for the scenario

Guest Randy S.
Originally posted by Mark.Andersen

Sean, are the Donek BX riders running plates or softies (or both) in BX races?

The only one I saw at the World Cup at Bachelor Last year (Jeff Greenwood) was running softies in BX. Only a few Euros were running hard boots in BX. Jeff was racing on Sean's old personal Incline.

The thing that surprised me about WC BX was that none of the riders were wearing race suits. They all wore baggy ski pants and jackets. When they go by on a jump at high speed, you really hear their clothes flapping in the wind. I have no doubt that a race suit would help their times. According to a friend on the team, its more of a cool factor thing, and an unwritten agreement that keeps them in non-race clothes. Seems weird to me, when $ and medals are on the line.

We just signed on Greenwood and he's asked for a 164 and a 168 incline. I think both Thorndike and Smith are on 164s. Thorndike is riding a catek Freeride this year. I'm not sure what Smith's inteface is, but I'm pretty sure it is a soft setup. Zoe Gillings will be riding a customized 162 incline and is also on soft boots I believe.