Note to New Members ×

Secret Weapon for SES

Cyrus the virus

I have seen that nose Stubby like shapes 5 years ago and we are using this type of shapes with a little difference that we shaped the last cm to a arrowlike tip!

I don´t know if it´s Shreds innovation or idea!? Maybe, but it doesn´t matter who was the first, it works, so it´s ok! If he is lucky with it he´s the man!

The original Stubby was a 161 with 14.7m sidecut and different looking nose/tail shapes. It was the concept of very short board and very long sidecut which he wanted me to do and was still quite unique. As with any concept things get mellowed out for the production models so looks and performance are more user friendly. It was a board made possible with the use of Titanal to get a very fun unique ride with different flex characteristics. No surprise but it is is just a narrow EX board with a different feel due to the material selection

I have seen that shape many years ago too, its called a Swoard :)

The stubby nose was taken from my EX boards which were really a copy of the Swoard so I applaud them for that development :biggthump

Of course I like to have my boards at a reasonable cosmetic level but to make things more sexy usually takes more time and money which really is not my thing. I would rather spend the money for performance over looks or just sell the boards for less. To each his own as some boards are like works of art and I can certainly appreciate the builders and owners pride but for me when going down the hill I look ahead and not at my board. When I get to the bottom I look at the beer selection and can rest easy knowing the ugly boards will be last to get stolen:lol:

The tip or tail shapes are one of the last things I worry about as after testing normal to very crazy ones, the affect on performance for alpine riding is way down on the list of things that make a board good or bad. There are only so many ways you can make things look so eventually you can call anything a copy of something else. We all copied the guy who first used ptex and metal edges didn't we?

In Europe may be it´s a little bit dfferent how a board should look like so we try to make the boards our way and nobody will buy a car which looks like a quadratic box with e wheels!

Well if it had supercar performance and economy car pricing. I bet a few would be in line to buy them;)

BV

The original Stubby was a 161 with 14.7m sidecut and different looking nose/tail shapes. It was the concept of very short board and very long sidecut which he wanted me to do and was still quite unique. As with any concept things get mellowed out for the production models so looks and performance are more user friendly. It was a board made possible with the use of Titanal to get a very fun unique ride with different flex characteristics. No surprise but it is is just a narrow EX board with a different feel due to the material selection

I have seen that shape many years ago too, its called a Swoard :)

I had seen that 10 years before the Swoards enriched us with their unbelievable great superior unbelievable incredible Superduperhyper Extremecarver, it´s from Wild Duck, it was the Knifer just 1 or 2 cm narrower!

But we all should praise them because they reinvented the alpine market!

The stubby nose was taken from my EX boards which were really a copy of the Swoard so I applaud them for that development :biggthump

Of course I like to have my boards at a reasonable cosmetic level but to make things more sexy usually takes more time and money which really is not my thing. I would rather spend the money for performance over looks or just sell the boards for less. To each his own as some boards are like works of art and I can certainly appreciate the builders and owners pride but for me when going down the hill I look ahead and not at my board. When I get to the bottom I look at the beer selection and can rest easy knowing the ugly boards will be last to get stolen:lol:

The tip or tail shapes are one of the last things I worry about as after testing normal to very crazy ones, the affect on performance for alpine riding is way down on the list of things that make a board good or bad. There are only so many ways you can make things look so eventually you can call anything a copy of something else. We all copied the guy who first used ptex and metal edges didn't we?

Well if it had supercar performance and economy car pricing. I bet a few would be in line to buy them;)

BV

What should I say more, you are right!:lurk:

Bruce I never said anything against YOU, I only want to make a joke with Shred, he is really a nice guy and I love his humor!

I respect you and any other alpine snowboard manufacturer and every snowboarder and it doesn´t matter for me which board somebody rides!

So I think there is no need for further discussions about sexy boards!

See you at SES!

Beers are always good you guys.. the more you drink the better the design gets,, trust me. I know... Bruce will have to show you some of my best bar napkin designs!! and materail layouts.. almost 12 napkin layers..

Its unfortunate that most of these ideas are lost in the morning... but they where awesome at night!:freak3: :)

Thanks as always for the Fun Frank!! some day when I can fit multi vacations in the SES will be on my list... Unfortunatly I leave with my Fugly boards Friday for Big Mountain Montana...

I will have beers for the both of you,, and Helmut , Bob Jenny, Jason hhmm I think I had enough beer now..

Cheers:biggthump

Right Said Shred

"it´s from Wild Duck, it was the Knifer just 1 or 2 cm narrower!"

yes , shaper Jacques Rilliet !..no idea what that guy done since...

N.

Yes, you are right and about 1987 we had the same nose lift... in our boards, shaper Frank Dietzel! No idea what that guy done since!:confused:

I think at that time Jacques was playing "rockstar" with his plastic trumpet!

Cheers!

Looking forward to see your new DUPRAZ like freerideshape!

I think at that time Jacques was playing "rockstar" with his plastic trumpet!

Have no clue how old Jacques is despite of the fact I've seen him several times, but I was laughing my ass of when I read this.....

Frank, actually I have not noticed that you are that old, but maybe ptex and zylon keep you look young.... :lol: