Note to New Members ×

Spring river tripping in Idaho

carvedog

It is time to put in for permits for the Middle Fork of the Salmon River.

The date I have chosen to try for is June 17th. We will be going for four or five nights coming off on the 21st or 22nd of June.

Last year Two Ravens put in for permits with us and was the first bomber to draw a permit.

We had a great time and spent six days out on one of the most beautiful rivers anywhere. Look for the spring trip on this blog to check it out. Other trips on here too.

http://idahorivertime.blogspot.com/

If someone is interested in applying with our group please contact me.

The permits are allocated by lottery, so the more that apply the better our chances are to draw.

You do not need to have river experience to do this trip, but you must be a strong swimmer and able to swim in current. There are 24 spots available on a private trip and we do have to give first preference to boatmen ( with boats ) and those who applied on the date. Kayakers will be welcome too and will be given a spot if available.

Typical configuration for this trip is 7 to 10 rafts ( I like to have a passenger in each boat for safety if possible ) and 3 or 4 kayaks at least.

PM me if you want some more details on how to apply in the lottery. It does cost $6.

Let's go boating.

:biggthump