What's most important?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What's most important?

• Edge contact
    • Stiffness
    • Camber
    • Sidecut Radius
    • Width

What's the most important thing you look for when choosing an EC snowboard?

I would agree with the majority that the most important is flex.

However, I'm assuming you're not going to drop the cash on a Coiler Schtubby or Swoard (which are the best EC boards that I've tried).

So for a poor man's EC board, where you can't have the flex tailored for your weight, I'd say the next most important spec is the sidecut radius. Find yourself an Oxygen Proton GS 164 or 172. The SCR for the 164 is 13m. The bigger SCR will make it easier to recover from a laid-out carve.

I owned the Proton 164 for a few seasons. It was great for hero snow and wide open runs. However, it was too stiff for me and I couldn't carve it well in icy conditions.

It's interesting that 'posing' comes up over and over again. Can't speak for anybody else, but when I'm looking for EC conditions, my dream conditions would be very steep, wide, long and with nobody around (including no lift towers). Just love the sensation of heading head down, board up and whipping around while you are caressing the well groomed snow.

As for design, something like a Swoard or a Schtubby, the flex is the only thing you care about since the rest is already in the design.