Note to New Members ×

My first time need for helmet

BadBrad

Did I mention that I understand the need???

yes.

Actually I was being serious. I am on the organ donors list, and wish we all would be, and take every opportunity to remind people of that. This seemed like a good time to do it. I don't always use a helmet for every sport, although I do when Snowboarding and Biking.

Ok, while we are on the subject of helmets, I need to ask a question 'hopefully' someone can answer. I had a Boeri (full helmet) which I really liked for I'm guessing 8 years. When I put it on for pre-season check, the foam in the lining was deteriorating, so figured it's time for a new one. I always liked the style of the full Leedom's and had tried them on in the past and they fit my weird shaped head (amazingly) and WERE, SNELL Certified. I bought last years model (has more air vents) Leedom, Scream Cut. I like it, it fits me good, new goggles (foam was bad on old ones also) don't fit as nice as I would like, but I'll get use to it.

Question is, does anyone else here have this (LEEDOM, Scream Cut) model ?

What in the world is the 'raised cut out' centered in the back of the helmet for? When I purchased it, I 'figured' it was to hold the goggle strap in place. Seems reasonable, it's right where the strap goes, nice little raised cut out, looks cool & would act as a vent & hold the strap / goggles to the helmet, or so I thought. It turns out that the buckle on the goggle strap is centered on the strap as most if not all the goggles I've ever seen are, and the buckle will NOT fit in the cutout. I figured I could just offset the buckle to one side or the other. Wrong, I cant move it far enough, and buckle interferes. The strap itself fits nicely into the cutout, seemingly like it was designed. I've emailed Leedom, they don't respond. I've called them to play 'the phone game', they won, I gave up. I'm hoping maybe Smith (goggle manufacturer) makes a strap without the buckle that fits these goggles, as that seems to be my only hope. Does anyone have this model helmet and know how to make it work?

Thanks, Happy New Year--jp

Ok, while we are on the subject of helmets, I need to ask a question 'hopefully' someone can answer. I had a Boeri (full helmet) which I really liked for I'm guessing 8 years. When I put it on for pre-season check, the foam in the lining was deteriorating, so figured it's time for a new one. I always liked the style of the full Leedom's and had tried them on in the past and they fit my weird shaped head (amazingly) and WERE, SNELL Certified. I bought last years model (has more air vents) Leedom, Scream Cut. I like it, it fits me good, new goggles (foam was bad on old ones also) don't fit as nice as I would like, but I'll get use to it.

Question is, does anyone else here have this (LEEDOM, Scream Cut) model ?

What in the world is the 'raised cut out' centered in the back of the helmet for? When I purchased it, I 'figured' it was to hold the goggle strap in place. Seems reasonable, it's right where the strap goes, nice little raised cut out, looks cool & would act as a vent & hold the strap / goggles to the helmet, or so I thought. It turns out that the buckle on the goggle strap is centered on the strap as most if not all the goggles I've ever seen are, and the buckle will NOT fit in the cutout. I figured I could just offset the buckle to one side or the other. Wrong, I cant move it far enough, and buckle interferes. The strap itself fits nicely into the cutout, seemingly like it was designed. I've emailed Leedom, they don't respond. I've called them to play 'the phone game', they won, I gave up. I'm hoping maybe Smith (goggle manufacturer) makes a strap without the buckle that fits these goggles, as that seems to be my only hope. Does anyone have this model helmet and know how to make it work?

Thanks, Happy New Year--jp

jp1 - i *love* leedom helmets, as they fit me like no other one does. i've had a Scream for the last ~7 years or so, and just bought a Prophet as a replacement this season. that "hole" in the back is where exit for the ventilation system, and leedom in partnership with scott, made some branded goggles with a special "cutout" that fit along the perimeter of that hole to allow the air to still flow and also hold the goggle strap in place. they sell an adapter for clip-style goggles on their website: http://www.leedomhelmets.com/store.php?pc=4&pid=7, which should adapt your existing goggles to this system.

wally