Note to New Members ×

Elan Ballistic 63

jetskier

Its a really good board that's really turny,i have the 1,71 and a friend has the 1.63 and its a slalom board with parabolic side cut if i remember 9-10-11 with a waist width near 20!

If your not taller than 6 feet than its OK.i rode it and i am 6,3-6,4 and 250 pounds!

Fun, fun, fun!

Poppy, snappy, turny. Super edge grip. Feels like 8-9m scr. Waist is about 19. Carbon composite. Take it.

Do they have a 171? I would love to have one.

8-9-10 i think is the scr because 9-10-11 is the scr on the 171 and the waist is i think 19,5-19,7 because the waist on the 171 is 18,7 and the 163 is at least 1cm wider !

I have no experiences, but my colleagues said it is very good. Unfortunately, Elan doesn`t produce alpine boards under their trade mark any more, therefore it is very hard to get brand new Ballistic. They say market is to small, and I agree with this. However, Elan still makes boards for Sigi Grabner and few other brands.

I rode a Head AX 163 which is a Elan Ballistic under Head trademark. I'm still riding a 155 Elan Ballistic from time to time ( spring conditions with moguls ). They both were turny board with a lot of "pop", very lively. Elan is known for their good constrction ski, using wood.

I has a "progressive sidecut", 9-10-11 m, it varies according on where you put pressure on the board

I would recommend buy it for a fair price.

Thanks for all of the info.

Any idea on the year for a green/black one?!

I'd like to use the info to get the best deal possible. The guy wants $200...but he just buys all this stuff in bulk and doesn't know what it is...

Took some measurements. It has a 19.5 waist, 25.5 tip, and 22.6 tail. That progressive sidecut makes more sense now...I was curious about why the tip and tail dim's were so different.

No, they don't have a 171. Only 1 carving board out of approx 2000 boards new/used.

It's a 2001 model but i think that 200$ is allot for an 8 year old board!

I bought mine for about 250$ brand new in 2001 from a friend racer that got it wholesale from the factory!

And i think that the retail went for 500$

But still it is a fantastic carbon tec board!