Note to New Members ×

Annalena Hvala

willywhit

How's your Portuguese Willy? I play on a 75% Portuguese Football side, speak French as a first language and I still have no idea what they're talking about, ever.

waaaaaaay OT here, but ...... whatever:cool:

my portuguese is pretty good, years of watching Globo and trying to figger out if the brasilians are talking about me cuz they're laughing so much.:confused:

coupla brasilian kitesurfing/dirtbiking buds of mine nicked named me "papagaio" cuz I'd always repeat what they said in portuguese with a funny voice all the time. Plus, I talk alot so "fala jamais" is my trademark.

dude ! Cala Boca !:smashfrea

this is last weekend, my portuguese buddy joe ( from portugal ) is going to take a pup, we wanted to make sure his bird was cool with it.

2vkypaw.jpg

Brasil rawks !

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mf_PTB8juc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Mf_PTB8juc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

it won't be long before the boys will have to pass the Big Willy test

No disrespect meant towards you or your daughter (mine is 6 going on 16), but my sick and twisted mind got the best of me today and that sentence just didn't sound right. I'll quit now before I insert the foot even further. :)

No disrespect meant towards you or your daughter (mine is 6 going on 16), but my sick and twisted mind got the best of me today and that sentence just didn't sound right. I'll quit now before I insert the foot even further. :)

I re read it before I posted it and it did sound a lil odd.but you know how I enjoy making you guys (and gals) chuckle.

annalena, just go to Attach files when you post and click on Manage attachments.select a pic from your desktop, hard drive etc. there's a file size limit so big pics won't fit. the backup plan is go to a site like tinypic.com and upload your pic and then copy the link IMG*****IMG and paste it in your post. It's a lil tricky but I'll bet you can figure it out. I'll IM you on facebook the next time I "see" you online there.

it won't be long before the boys will have to pass the Big Willy test
my sick and twisted mind got the best of me today and that sentence just didn't sound right

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA

coupla brasilian kitesurfing/dirtbiking buds of mine nicked named me "papagaio" cuz I'd always repeat what they said in portuguese with a funny voice all the time. Plus, I talk alot so "fala jamais" is my trademark.

2vkypaw.jpg

That's awesome, Brazil's definitely somewhere I want to check out. I'm headed to England/France after the season's over for a year or two, but after that I'm thinking about teaching English in Brazil for 6 months or so. A couple of the kids I coached have trials with clubs in Sao Paolo after they wrap up high school this year, so if they manage to make even the reserves, I figure if I get myself out there I should witness some great Football. Do you get out there often?

thnx:) but i have no idea how i can post some pics... :D

Actually, if you post some racing pictures on facebook, Big Willy can post them here.

good point keyser, I can copy/paste them off facebook like the others in this thread. it's good to know how to deal with pics in forums,tho.

it's easy once you know how.

We bought a place in Brasil a few years back, it's paid off and rented. Can't wait to be able to spend months down there once our daughter is off to college, 5 more years.

this is our balcony, 15th floor.

annalena, let me know if you need help figuring out the pics.

4lktc3.jpg

whoa, that's kinda big

2ltqaab.jpg

for willy... sorry, it´s new for me i my english is not so good :barf: but i try to give my best...

I'm actually pretty impressed. I don't know what city in Italy you're from, but outside of Rome & Venice, when I met people I'd usually speak French with them rather than English. Keep this up and I'll be checking my own grammar, yikes.

Dear Big Willy, may I also call you "daddy"? Errr...

I'm actually pretty impressed. I don't know what city in Italy you're from, but outside of Rome & Venice, when I met people I'd usually speak French with them rather than English. Keep this up and I'll be checking my own grammar, yikes.

Dear Big Willy, may I also call you "daddy"? Errr...

i live in the north of italy... south tyrol... well, our motherlanguage is german an not italian. but we are italian. it´s a bit difficult to explain... history!! so we learn english at school... french?! in venice and rom?? funny lol

i live in the north of italy... south tyrol... well, our motherlanguage is german an not italian. but we are italian. it´s a bit difficult to explain... history!! so we learn english at school... french?! in venice and rom?? funny lol

No silly girl, in Venice and Rome everybody spoke English! ;op

I said outside of Rome & Venice, we ended up making use of French more often. In Milan, it seemed none of the cops spoke any English, but they all spoke French. The people in Genoa seemed to be the same.

No silly girl, in Venice and Rome everybody spoke English! ;op

I said outside of Rome & Venice, we ended up making use of French more often. In Milan, it seemed none of the cops spoke any English, but they all spoke French. The people in Genoa seemed to be the same.

aaaah :biggthump ok! but that´s also strange because every italian learn english at school... but a lot of them doesn´t like it so much!!

allow me to add to the language issue, being from italy and born in1962, untill the late seventies most school only had french as a second language, my middle school in the early seventies was one of the first to offer the option of choosing french or english as a second language by the early eighties pretty much all the school had the option of french or english as a second language because english was more international and after that english as a second language became standard and by then nobody cared about learning french anymore, chances are if you are in italy and you talk to people over 40 they never studied english but they are still frendly and they'll give you food and wine, the younger generation is more likely to have learned and speak english even if it's not perfect

hope this helps

allow me to add to the language issue, being from italy and born in1962, untill the late seventies most school only had french as a second language, my middle school in the early seventies was one of the first to offer the option of choosing french or english as a second language by the early eighties pretty much all the school had the option of french or english as a second language because english was more international and after that english as a second language became standard and by then nobody cared about learning french anymore, chances are if you are in italy and you talk to people over 40 they never studied english but they are still frendly and they'll give you food and wine, the younger generation is more likely to have learned and speak english even if it's not perfect

hope this helps

Thanks for the breakdown!

For me Italy has been the hardest place in Europe (maybe except for the Chzech Rep.) to find people who speak Engligh. But it is one of the prettiest countries in Europe so it's worth it to visit.

My brother lives near Naples and I've been to a few events in the mtns. So I've been through most of the country.

my wife's dad speaks portuguese with an Italian accent and he moved from Sicily when he was 19, now he's 92. he speaks almost no english, same with her mom.

We were in Rome last year and wish we had more than 4 days to scope it out.

ironically, I scored 2 sweet Peroni etched glasses last night, the box says it's the official beer of the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KQMaqyv0oY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KQMaqyv0oY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

gotta love italian fashion !

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRln_Bz1TyE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRln_Bz1TyE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1muumS_AOU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1muumS_AOU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

post-123-141842272042_thumb.jpg