Note to New Members ×

Surfing while surfing

Vahur

Guest Ghostrider

Actually, I was in the process of playing with tiny wifi "spy" cams and mounting them to different things. I have one already mounted to a nitro remote control car (65mph 2 inches off the road looks pretty sweet).

I'm working on making a mount for the board or boots to get a "boards eye view"..but I cant test it till next winter. But you can be sure I'll post the footage here.

Great idea but I don't see how this would work. You would need something to capture the video from the cam. Are you going to carry a laptop on your back? Remember, it's gotta be running and capturing the video. If you crash while it's running, say bye-bye to your hard drive.

Guest Ghostrider

don't need a computer. the video feeds to a reciever which you could have padded in your backpack or pocket that is plugged into a miniDV video camera. Its just called wifi cuz it works on the same frequency range.

Yeh, you dont need computer here, these small cams on board can be easily connected to cameras with normal video cable, as seen on video clip made in Extreme Carving session @ Zinal.

I did also some runs with camera mounted to helmet but it was not as good(=effective) that way in groomed slopes.

You can see my setup in http://pokkis.ojankaivajat.org then Carving pictures and then Camera section.

Currently there is small clip of that available as part of trailer for our new carving dvd :D "The Carver strikes back" in http://stoked.at. There go to Multimedia and look for Ojankaivajat.org section in middle of great list of all available carving clips. File format is wmv-format :D