Note to New Members ×

Prior Metal Issue

rschneid

Ok, well now I am very sad. I looked down at my board this morning, getting off the lift at WhiteTail (PA) and said what the $%&*^ is that stick trailing after my board? Then I realized oh sh_t! Thats the edge of my board coming off. I took it off and switched to board B (my Nidecker). I got back home and called Prior (not really expecting anyone to answer on Saturday after 4PM EST) and lo and behold JC answered the phone. I have no idea if they are are not going to fix it under warranty or not. I only know it was nice to talk to a person. He asked me to send pics, I did, and he says they will look at them and tell me what to do. So "props" to Prior for being there and caring.

No matter what I have to have that board back. The difference between my Prior WCR Metal and my Nidecker is Night and Day.

Rich Schneider

post-3842-141842266144_thumb.jpg

You could probably fix that yourself with 2 ton epoxy and clamps. Use 2 ton because it doessn't get brittle. You can get 2 ton epoxy at almost any hardware store. Make sure that the area is dry and clean before you do it. I fixed my Dupraz earlier this week with that although it was a different problem. I fixed another board last year that was delaminating at the tail last year. Not hard to do. I use Quick Grip clamps- the small ones. If the edge is just pulled out and the board is not splitting apart you might be able to glue it and tape the edge to hold it in place. You might call prior and ask if that kind of epoxy is okay but I bet it will work.

I had something kinda similar happen to my "as-new sale" WCR in January 2007; the metal edge on the tail cracked off, and the base started to delam. I don't ride fakie and the board was in otherwise almost-new condition after about 4 days on it.

I sent it back to them and they ended up charging me cost to fix it ($25 or something like that), because they claimed I must've hit something. After a couple weeks I got it back, took it to Louise, and made it halfway down the hill on my first run before I heard a "thwup-thwp" sound on my heelside – and sure enough, it was in exactly the same condition again. Phoned Prior, they said "we'll fix it again" and I said "eff that – I've already wasted a month of riding" and they charged me $100 re-stocking fee, plus shipping again, to send it back to them.

Then a couple weeks later it was back on their "used" page for $50 cheaper than I'd paid for it in the first place. I was rather unhappy with Prior after that one, I must say. ;)

greg

n513280596_1739959_6417.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

ok thanks to everyone (especially snowboardfast). I talked to JC at Prior and while he was ready to fix it for free, the shipping was going to be a lot and it was possibly going to prevent me from having my board at Aspen on the 24rth. So I used Devcon 2 ton as suggested and it seems to be fine. It definitely looks like its solidly in there and it passed test on day one at White Tail. So thanks everyone!

Rich S.