Note to New Members ×

Touring Shorty's

Seasons

K, Touring Shorty's?? SKI's

So what have you guys seen on market that is Short,Wide an Light. OH and for Cheap$$$

Not hip on Split Boards!!! Prefer to carry Snow Shoes or Ski on pack.

Have some that were single Ski's never claimed from lost and found.

Just Cut them down and lamed, skins, Done.

Just like to have a Wider an lighter touring Ski if not to much $Quan$

So gang? What have you seen on the market ?

( Am a 190-200lb 6'2 rider )

K2 made some approach skis that were clicker or strap binding compatible, about the 120 cm range. don't know if they still make them but a little searching could pop them up on ebay or craigs list.

Try spitboarding.com or backcountry.com and search for approach skis.

old snowblades work well too, but you'll have to buy skins and cut them down.

Karhu makes some wide, short, metal edge, fish scale touring skis; no need for skins on long undulating approaches, with much better down slope perfomance.

Sinecure is doing it with Dynafits on Karhu skis. I'm pretty certain Bishops will do nothing with hardboots, I doubt you'll even get the boots into the binding.

I was planning on making a pair out of some old snowblades with a Voile plate and Split TD2's. The Karhu makes the most sense.

Here was my old thread.The consensus was to just make a split. Last time I didn't listen on Bomber, I ended up with ski boots. Now I have Suzukas, and I'm really happy. Listen to Bombers. http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=22707

KingCrimson,

Was Joking about the mega bindings on the aproach ski:D

And yes you are correct.Boots would not fit the Bishops.

However I saw a guy on a Modern set up w/Bishops mounted to Vokl Gatoma Ski's and a pair of new Scarpa Boots.

He was making some trenchs with a free heel on the groomer we would all be proud of

I just use Tele Cable bindings from back in the day. Just bent the Toe tabs up a touch and they very work well.