Note to New Members ×

Nitro Drew Hicken 196 swallowtail

Dr D

Super classic board that still rides like a dream. I have to sell because I just picked up a voile splitboard in a 195 and momma is mad at me:eek:

I will let it go for $400 shipped to the US or Canada

I am guessing at the value here so feel free to chime in if you know what these are worth. there are the normal lift line scratches etc. there are two items worth mentioning. there is a chip in the left tail topsheet at the end that was repaired. It looks a little rough but it is well sealed. there is also a crack in the topsheet at the crotch that has also been repaired. these are older repairs that have been there for a long time. I rode it last season and had no problems or concerns. This is a rare beauty and may find a home with a collector or rider.

post-2375-141842265618_thumb.jpg

post-2375-141842265621_thumb.jpg

post-2375-141842265624_thumb.jpg

Doc- If your camera has a "Macro" mode, which might be indicated by a picture of a flower next to a button, or in the menus depending on the camera, it'll be a lot clearer as to what the damage is. I figure people would want to see that, being that it's a crotchal injury. (Even if you say it's superficial, the girl always puts her shirt back on and leaves anyway:lol:)

I can try another pic. I say its superficial only because its from many years ago and has been ridden a significant amount since then by a normal size guy and one season by me. I am significantly larger than normal size and I had no problems with it.:biggthump

The repairs are not pretty but they are quite functional. epoxy was injected in and the topsheet is not smooth. it is slightly raised due to the extra epoxy. Both the chip in the tail and the crotch crack are this way. the topsheet is probably 1mm higher over the repaired areas. there is visible epoxy at the edges of each repair.

post-2375-141842265697_thumb.jpg

post-2375-1418422657_thumb.jpg

post-2375-141842265703_thumb.jpg