Note to New Members ×

Canadian Snowboard Team (Who's waiting in the wings)

Guest Boardbum

Guest Boardbum

Hoping that some one can help me find more information on the CST. I have been on the CSF website and there is no information on any B or C teams like they do on the American snow board Team. How do you find out the name of men and ladies that are trying to make on the National Snowboard Team in Canada. There is only National team members on the CSF website

I don't think there is any B or C team with the level of finance at the CSF. Everyone else pays to play.....trying to get points to move up. There is very little funding for snowboarding (and I think they have decided that BX the main disipline) even though we have had GREAT results from Jasey and Matt in alpine. Adam McLeish moved to GBR this year after being on the cusp of the alpine team for years in Canada.

It's pretty easy to look up the racers running at the FIS level for any country in any year. Go to FIS-SKI then click on FIS Points, the top one is the newest list (new one will be out Dec 9). Sort the list with the drop down menu (change LASTNAME to Parallel), country (CAN or US) , gender, and search.

Here is a list of Canada's racers. Sort with the gender drop down. http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/604/607.html?sector=SB&listid=10049&lastname=&gender=M&firstname=&nation=CAN&order=PAR&fiscode=&birthyear=&Search=Search&limit=100

You can go as far back as 1996 to follow any ones results through the years.There are some interesting names that pop up ;-)

There are plenty of good alpine riders in programs in Ontario and Quebec that are too young (under 15) to race FIS.

I hope this helps, and I didn't just muddy things up.

Guest Boardbum

Thanks guys

I thought maybe that CSF would have a system like the US where there teams are broken down in ABC categories. Make's it easier to see who is climbing the latter