Note to New Members ×

any suggestions for lodging in mammoth

drewbdoobe

If you're staying for a night or two, Motel 6 is great; the rooms I stayed in when my dad and I headed up there in spring/early summer had freshly renovated bathrooms too. Big, beefy heater too. Just use a Hotels.com reservation or the like, it's dirt easy.

No clue what they charge in the winter though. Stay out of the trees..I spent a good hour with the razorblade cutting the little ridges off my brother's base, but apparently my "wax sucks and makes you slower" even though I told him he'd have to scrape it at the slope since I couldn't find my scraper..Guess I don't have to fix the core shots. He can do his own damn p-tex work ;)

Err..back on topic, email the member "Sinecure" if he doesn't see this thread, he knows of some places if you're planning on staying longer, or with more than just 2 people.

The Holiday Inn is pretty nice actually, but the price typically reflects that. The Westin is the new bling in town and it is also very expensive.

Most people rent condos, and sites like mammothsierraonline.com or mammothreservations.com typically have reasonable units. The decent choices usually get rented out fairly early though, so book as far ahead as you can.