Note to New Members ×

Burton fire/wind shell sizing

DiveBomber

can anyone tell me about burton shells? I just tried on some burtons in 27.5 (shell rance was 27.5-28) I usually wear 29.5, Think I could wear 29 burtons.

Does anyonw know what the next increments are after 28 up to 30?

Also If I have 29 or 29.5 burtons, with the heel retracted will they work on the small cateks??

can anyone tell me about burton shells? I just tried on some burtons in 27.5 (shell rance was 27.5-28) I usually wear 29.5, Think I could wear 29 burtons.

Does anyonw know what the next increments are after 28 up to 30?

Also If I have 29 or 29.5 burtons, with the heel retracted will they work on the small cateks??

if I remember correctly they are like three or more sizes smaller with the heel retracted. pretty sure even with the heels out you could make intec work on a bigger bigger boot work on the short plates with intec it just really limits your centering options.

burton shells al least in the range I needed (285) were the half size and then the next whole size up was actual boot size. with most boots it's opposite. if you buy a 28 it's really a 285. so a size 285 fire is actually a 29 where as a deeluxe indy is a 28 but the actual size of the shell is a 285.

anyway, the important part of that is a 29 and a 295 in burton is a different shell.

DB, I don't think you will be able to use the Catek shorts. I had a set Of OS1 short manuals and 27.5 winds. Just made it. If I remember right, (it's been a while), switching to SIs made the binding shorter. 26.5 Indies would fit, but would not center where I wanted them. You got pretty big feet, how much you weigh? I think shorts are only good to 180 lbs.