Note to New Members ×

Footbeds

Guest theharb

Yes, they come with some kind of standard footbed if they have the regular liners. If they are Thermoflex liners, you will need to get the liners heat molded to your feet, and before you do that you will need a pair of custom made footbeds. The best money you can spend. Get a good shop to do the work, and those Raichles will be more comfortable than your favourite slippers.

If they are the standard liners, you would still benefit from custom footbeds, the "one fits all" thing just does not work well when it comes to people's feet.

Guest AlpentalRider

custom footbeds cost between $100-$200 and are specifically molded to your foot.

You can also buy preformed footbeds for around $30. I purchased Superfeet footbeds for that price and with my thermoflex liners they are great.

I would get the preformed ones at a minimum. If your foot is pretty common (not an excessively high or flat arch, etc) then the preformed ones will work very well for you. Otherwise, you should probably get the customs. No matter what, do not use the footbeds that come with your boots, they are absolutely worthless.

Guest Randy S.

Custom Footbeds are awesome. I have a pair from Surefoot. One great thing is Surefoot will do any other boot customization you might need once they've made you footbeds. I've been back a number of times for things like: add a wrap of foam around my shin, replace a broken buckle, take up some space in the ankle where the liner packed out a bit, etc. They are always happy to see me and they never charge me a dime. Sometimes I'll bring them a six-pack if they do a lot of work. Actually a six-pack is a great way to get a good discount - it worked originally to get my liners baked for free. beer.gif

I have hard time to ride without footbeds they are a must

its crazy though you wont realize how much you like them untill you have had them and then ride without them for whatever reason

find a tech that is cool and you can get the footbeds at the cost for materials

if you are ever in steamboat springs Derek at the one of the shops at the resort (the one that is to your right if you are at jitters and lookig towards the gondola building) did mine for $45 and they have been the best and cheapest of the three pair I have had done he is a cool guy too ask him if you can ride his Burton split tail FP

Great topic,

I’ve had toe / toenail, issues for as long as I’ve been riding. My boots seem to fit me fine when I put them on and for most of the day they are comfortable but by the end of the day it feels like my toes are jammed in the front of my boots. My left toe nail is really bad and is black for most of the summer and only comes right just in time for the next season…sometimes it seems to be black year round, not good for wearing flip flops.

Anyway my buddy works at a running shoe store and will hook me up with molded foot beds so I’m hoping it will be the answer to my problem. Anyone got disgusting toenails?

Guest Tim Tuthill

Last season I got a pair of AF 600's. They were to be my intro to step ins and a better boot than my Burton Reactors. Wrong!! My left big toe got beat to death. The nail is half way back and will be no problem this season My foot is too narrow for the Reichle boot. I never had a problem with my Reactors, matter of fact they were the most comfortable boot, ski or board since 1959 when I started skiing. I now have a new pair of Burton Fires, Thank you C. Klug!! I'm lucky, the factory beds are fine. I do have a cork pair that I will use this season. We will see. My surf bumps have only been a problem on my left boot. This was fixed by Dick Mobley who owns Surf and Ski in Hermosa Beach CA. He is one of the better boot fitters in the West. Thats all from me! Good turns. Tim

Yo D-Sub,

I've had 3 pairs of Superfeet cork footbeds fitted at a place on PCH in Newport (across from Joe's Crab Shack). It was either called Peter Glenn or Newport Ski - Can't remember. There was a guy named George who hooked me up - very knowledgeable. I believe he also did boot fitting.

FYI - these Superfeet cork footbeds are the best I've had in the last 15 years.

The place in Hermosa that Tim mentioned is also top notch. It is a smaller place, however, their customer service is great. Very helpful.

Miltie

Guest Tim Tuthill

D: Give Dick a call. He will be able to tell you if he can help or not. I would recomend staying away from a rubber foot bed product. Heat = moisture, not good. Tim

Guest Tim Tuthill

OCD: Get some of Dr. Shools 4X4 stick on pads at a durg store. Cut them in half and place them on the side of the liner behind the ball of your foot, little toe area. This should keep your foot from sliding forward. This all depends on the width of your foot however. Good luck. Tim

Guest Frappe

I had a footbed/liner molding and fitting experience today.

What I learned:

1. ask the price before you get the job done.

2. the cost of waddling around in hardboots in the middle of June while talking about snowboard/ski stuff with a ski-shop guy is approximately 75 dollars here-abouts.

3. Be prepared to answer "So, where are you gonna use these boots?" at least three times.

4. Thermoflex can, in fact, be molded on a boot-heater. It seems to've worked decently.

5. You will not escape the growing suspicion that everyone in the snowboard/ski industry is named Mike, Matt, or Chris by having your boots fitted by a guy named Matt.

That's all.

The fit is lovely, footbeds rock, I recommend it.