Note to New Members ×

What is a Coiler SCHTUBBY?

surfin'carver

The monsters are the big boys of the carving world. From the man himself:

"I have been doing quite a few of the "Monsters" this was originally inspired by a customers design and after testing I immediately built a 188 x 23 x 15/16m for myself and it was one of my favorite rides last season. They are actually quite soft but can be ridden pretty hard in varied snow. They use the race board decamber to give a great feel of control despite the length.

Early season I will be developing a full line which will be:

182, 185 and 188 all available in 20, 21.5 or 23 wide. Sidecuts will be 14.2/15m or the already tested 15/16m

Even did a 188 x 24 for a guy!"

->Ben

Sounds nice..... I think I need one.:eplus2:

So my question is, what is the "Monster" that Bruce has been talking about?

I got a Mini Monster from Bruce last May. Specs are: 182/22/(15/16scr) with a decambered nose. Only got a morning at Squaw Valley and it felt huge the first 5 runs, but managed to turn tighter carves like a 13m scr board by the end of the session. A super friendly board that took on everything from icey (west coast) to slush with consistent performance. The flex soft forward to stiff in the tail. I only had a dozen or more runs on it. Oh, and it has no problem bombing on less than perfect conditions. I have a 192 Tanker and there is no comparison between the two.

I can't say that I know what a Monster is other than it is what James asked Bruce to build. Bruce ended up riding that board or another Monster he made and found that it was killer. I can't wait to check the Mini out in non-Spring conditions.

post-154-141842265044_thumb.jpg