Note to New Members ×

Anyone Know @ Oxygen Summit 178?*?

rdietz

Just picked up either a '99 or '00 Oxygen Summit 178 in almost new condition for $80 in Denver. Has anyone ever riden or know anything about th this stick? I have seen a couple of old reviews that say it's a good all mountain board that can carve pretty well too. So I'd appreciate any info regarding the specs and rider impressions. I'm an all mountain rider (xept mogules) and prefer pow of course but groomers, steeps, trees and off piste. I'm 6'0' @ 185 and ride Raichle 124's with SnowPro Race binders. Any setup suggestions are welcome. Can someone post some links to find info on older and non-production year gear?

Thx a million.

Rob in Co Springs

post-6276-141842263894_thumb.jpg

post-6276-141842263897_thumb.jpg

post-6276-141842263899_thumb.jpg

I had one (bought on e-bay) set up with race plates and Raichle 123s for an all mountain board; tried it a couple of times on the groom - it was pretty slow edge-to-edge....

We spent the rest of the season waiting for a good snowfall that never showed up so I gave it to my brother who uses it with softboots on backcountry trips in Alaska. I'm glad it's found a good home!

post-1921-141842263904_thumb.jpg

Awful board, you don't want it, send it my way...just foolin' wit ya'! Not too bad for hacking around on, carves decent, edge to edge ok for a board of this width, nice and light on the back if you do that sort of thing. Not a very memorable pow stick, for me. My 192 Tanker spanks it in all catagories. None the less, I made mine into a split, added taper to it when I split it, and it works pretty well for an all-rounder off-piste. For $80 you did fine.