Note to New Members ×

All mtn advice for future purchase

Flyin Hawaiian

All three top allmtn boards are produced at 169-174cm, with effective edges of 142-148, and waists of ~21.5. I've got a lot of good info from this forum and site and I'm convinced there are no bad just better, and each company suits a certain riders needs and riding styles, so just find one you like. I am 6-2 210lbs. Are these the boards I should be looking at? I don't want a "beast" and I also don't want a "shorty" I just want something suitable.

I assume you are talking about Prior 4WD, Donek Axxess, and Coiler AM, right? As you said, you can't go wrong with any of them. However, you are pretty big, so you might want to have something custom built for you. I recommend calling the builders and having a discussion about your size/weight and the type of riding you do and see what they recommend. I have a Prior 4WD and like it a lot, but if I were you I'd probably have Bruce at Coiler build me an AM-T for my weight and riding style.

I ride in the northeast, NH. So as you can imagine, conditions are pretty much a mixed bag. Primarily "groomed/firm", some may say icy, and softer stuff early and late in the season. I don't intentionally go off piste, so I'd want a board that I can ride all over, and carve turns, and not worry about changing conditions. One board for it all... After a little research, there's not much difference "$$$" from a custom, than an off the rack board.

I would recommend the Coiler AM-t as well. Last year was my 1st season on hard plates and I was lucky enough to find some pretty amazing people who let me demo there boards. I tried all 3 and the AM-T was amazing. I t will also tear through the east coast ice. I would also check the old postings from last years East Coast Expression Session. It seemed those guys were all blown away with how the Coilers performed. Bottom line though is that they are all great boards. If you are near Bachelor, you are more than welcome to try my board. Good luck ,

Quentin