Note to New Members ×

What to do?

Noah

with softboots.The binding and how it fits with you and the boot in it matters almost as much.If you can try different combos in a shop you will get some insight as to how the combo can be more important than whether or not the boot is stiff.However,one of the best combos I have tried was the DC boot with the reebok pump as I could pump up the stiffness.I paired these with Nidecker 900 bindings and thought the setup was as close as I was apt to get to hardboot performance without three straps(another option).I have almost always used Raichle boots like the 324 and 225 so I like a flexible hardboot and found that some softboots are very stiff but not very responsive or comfortable.My 2 cents.

If you want a primo set up and cost is no problem, then the catek FR2 is the absolute best soft binding available for stiffness and adjustability. Get the upgraded straps and highback or upgrade them yourself. I have drake carbon podium highbacks and straps on mine.

salomon malamutes are the stiffest of the soft boots I have found and are very comfortable:biggthump

I have also run soft boots with hardboot liners with some success using a booster strap around the top of the boot.