Note to New Members ×

Virus Cyborg Proto for Sale

hdhu1152

I am selling my Virus Cyborg Proto 2007.

I bought this board January 2007 new special made from Virus / Germany. Stance is 50 cm. The board is a Proto where the new crossed triax (carbon, kevlar, glass) was used on top and lower sheet (on both sides of wooden core) for the first time. Board is extra stiff with a layer of zylon inside and thicker woodcore. Top material is see through clear paint (you look directly at the triax material).

Rode this babe for the rest of the 2007 season (Jan-March) and the first part of the winter 07/08 when I switched to a Virus Undertaker Zylon.

Board is in mint condition. Edges are sharp (88; base has never been touched. Recommend this board for serius riders only. Ideal weight for this board is 80+ kg; equals > 170 lbs. Board is for freaks only; its stiff and needs speed and pressure.

Board is also shown on the Virus site at http://www.virus-snowsports.com/flash/player.swf?video=video_1&w=600&h=480

Board is currently in Europe. But I will ship to worldwide.

Mail me for pics. Price 1600 USD.

Ed

The Cyborg is much better than a Skwal. In my mind.

- It has better ice grip, is more versatile and more fun.

- Due to the 50 cm stance (20 inches) it feels more like a snowboard.

- Changing direction is faster than on a normal snowboard.

- Narrow = no torsion = ice grip.

I think the video was made by Lothar, alias Mc Fussel. He can be found on the Frozen Backside Forum and is a friend of Pogo and myself. You US boys should come over to Europes biggest reaceboarder/carver event; the Carving Masters on May 1st (4 days) in Soelden, Austria.

Ed

• 1 month later...

Hi

I put the board up for auctioning on German Ebay (ebay.de) with article number 330291692309 I will ship worldwide but keep customs and shipping fees in mind as the board is in Europe! You pay for shipping and customs. Anyway - the baby wil be gone on Monday afternoon.

Greetings

Ed