Note to New Members ×

Chris has done it again, and again

pokkis

Left one standard titanal WCR 173 with full white top.

Right one titanal 187 with 23 waist, this is big brother of 177/23 i had last winter. Added extra length to have even better pow experience. 177 worked vey well everywhere but wanted to get little extra edge for high speed turns and flotation for deeper stuff. Eagerly waiting to see which one will be my future AM board :ices_ange

I wish I could have found a "Pokkis special" 21 waist. Ah, well...

Just drop call to Dean, he will arrange you one :)

Just remembered one thing i forgot to say about that 187, that has tapper again, my 177 was without tapper. Decided to get longer one with tapper to get easier out of turn:cool:

I have one of the 23cm 177 "Fatjacks" that was possibly originally built for Pokkis, ( it came out a wee bit stiff and had a slight cosmetic bleb , so I ended up with it),,, apparently I end up with all Priors decks that come out a "bit to stiff".... sometimes it pays to be chunky LOL

My Fatjack does surprisingly well considering its got essentially a low profile WCR nose and radius, it floats well enough , but with the stiffness and low profile nose doesnt come up as easy as some of my other more FR oriented decks, just have to pay that extra bit of attention compared to my stiffened ATV, floats better than my 179 4wds ( one quad glass one standard), If it had a nose profile like the ATV my Fatjack could have killed my entire quiver its that good,

Pokkis's 187 looks like it went with more of a 4wd rounded nose, mine ended up looking kind of kesslerish/squarenosed with the extra width just stuck between the WCR nose radius. ( I double checked against the profiles of my 08 WCRs and its identical)

Will be curious to see how the Pokkis 187 works with the taper ,

Yep, mine is softer than that one. Board works surprising well in pow and extremely well on slopes as proper Titanal board should. Specially in lighter pow it works quite nicely but when snow gets heavier then width and shortness of nose is not optimal. I dont have any problems hitting pow with FJ but if i have to choose betveen it and my SwellPanik Magistral 185 then swallow with long nose is my choose, but there are many cases when it is not option to have full quiver with. Plus when there is slope than FJ really rails and grooves :1luvu:

Original FJ was 177/23 without tapper and i wanted to get slightly more edge for speed and more float to pow so added it to 187 and removed tapper.

Original FJ 177 was my favourite board for last season beside my TNT Tinkler, and i belive that this new 187 BFJ will be new favourite. That will be my board to take everywhere as only board, perhaps not to deep moguls or tight trees :eek: but for all normal riding surface.

I was also playing with idea to get it with Spearhead type nose but decided to do that perhaps another time after more experience this board.

Low quality footage of ECing on the "stiffy"

<object width="600" height="480"><param name="movie" value="http://www.blueb.biz/videos/FJ-EC-1.wmv"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.blueb.biz/videos/FJ-EC-1.wmv" type="application/windows media player" allowfullscreen="true" width="600" height="480"></embed></object>