Note to New Members ×

What is the ideal Breckenridge neighbourhood for a vacation rental?

skategoat

I'm looking at a family vacation to Breckenridge this winter. I was there the summer and the place looks ideal for a family with teens. I don't really know the neighbourhood names so I'm looking for some guidance.

Ideally, I'd like something ski in/ski out within walking distance to the village or on the free bus route. What neighbourhoods or developments should I be looking at?

I noticed there's a gondola station in town. Does this make the whole town ski in/ski out?

Also, any particular weekends I should avoid other than MLK day?

Family with teen's, Breckenridge, perfect match. I say that because Breck leaves open tons of options for taking a day / half day off of riding and taking in the town. Cannot comment on ride in/out availability, but Breck has a huge base spread out over three 'Peak's.' 8 is the main base, with peak 7 and 9 flanking to the north and south. The gondola takes you from the town center, to the base of peak 8, you cannot get off the gondola and go for a run. I had a place abot 2 or 3 miles up Boreas pass road (sounds right) and was on the super-excelent-awesome summitcounty/breck bus system. I could get the bus to the Gondola, or to Frisco (city in summit county) and transfer to Keystone, Copper, A-basin ... I'm rambling

twelsch

Try and stay somewhere off of the Four O'Clock Run. The condos tend to be somewhat reasonable and you can walk to main street from there in the evenings and take the Snowflake Lift up in the mornings. The mountain isn't really that challenging - but it's great for groups and the town has really everything for a wide/diversified group. I've been snowboarding for years and have been fortunate enough to to be able to go pretty much go wherever I want and I always make it to Breck with my family (15+ people) every year...try and go the Tuesday after MLK day so you can see the snowsculpture competition - it's pretty impressive...

The new lift basically just takes you to the base of peak 8 and is really only helpful if you're parked in the day lot...