Note to New Members ×

South American Results?

Rob Smith

Guest Boardbum

This is what I do know as far as Canadians Tom Velisek was third in the Second SAC. In the first Nick B. from USA was 1st. The young Norwegian was 2nd. The woman in the first race Dom and Mielle 1 and 2. In the second day Dom was 2nd. Thats all I have so far.

Some cool things about this event.

1-The South American Cup event was one of the largest contiental cup events ever, with over 100 men and 50 women on the start list.

2-First ever World Cup event in Argentina.

3-Long, diverse course

4-The town where the athletes/staff stayed at was great

5-The US riders will continue to impress on the world stage. I think 7 guys in the top 32 all of which have the ability to win.

Actually no it means it now. He will have the minimun points to make him Olympic elgible and a 6th place at an event with nearly a full world cup field proves he can make the top 30 in a world cup that is required to be elgible. I'm not saying he is going to 2010 becuase the US mens SBX field is so good, but he result does show that he isn't that far off the worlds best, and with some training and hard work he could get there.

Guest Boardbum

Your right, just like the U.S. team the Canadians are quite deep as well, its going to be interesting to see who qualifies on both teams. Both teams have a lot of veterans that are really hungry for what might be there last chance. Its to bad the top 50 can't go, that would make it much tougher to win a metal

Yeah the country quota spots that are set up by the IOC are lame. Marc Islain couldn't got in '06 and he was 5th in the world cup points list at the time (there we four other Swiss guys in front of him and a country can only send a max of 4). In our SBX case we have 8 (I think) guys in the top 30 in the world cup and others that could be there if they got their shot, but we will only be able to send 4 guys and will probably only send one maybe two girls, considering that we had 4 girls in the top 16 in South America this too is lame.

It is going to be an interesting year to see it all unfold.