Note to New Members ×

Inventions and modifications

vapor

Would it be much simpler to do Snow-stix type solution? i mean that would be adjustable and does not require playing with that much with heating metal.

I actually do like the snow stix concept,but i think trikerdads solution to what he wanted to do looks alot cleaner and is totally adjustable with a zipcut.......just cant adjust it back :o The cost factor might be another issue. My project cost about 20 dollars to do and could of been potentially free and me being the obsessive tinkerer that i am seems to factor in as well.

I sent them off to be done. I don't claim to know a lot about how it's done other than it's a two step process. I thought about trying some conshox but, they're kind of hard to come by. These do what I intended. I made three, with 3 different amounts of bend in them. The one with the least amount I've been using to prevent bending another board. I broke the tail on a new Prior 187 metal when I hit the soft stuff just off the edge of a run while in a hard toe side turn. It pretty much just folded under me. I had a poly plate under the back binding and one of my spring plates under the front. It broke under the poly plate but the front under the spring plate was fine. I now have the "prevention" plate under the front binding on my Tanker 200. There's an awful lot of leverage with all that nose sticking out there!

Here's a picture of my Tanker with the spring plate on it and some pictures of another modification. I like the "Big Gas Pedal" position with my front foot and Bomber 6 degree plates don't give me as much toe lift as I like so I've added about 2 more degrees with 1/4" 6061 aluminum spacers under the toe blocks of my front bindings. The toe blocks are drilled and tapped with the spacers tapered towards the heel blocks.

post-867-141842259977_thumb.jpg

post-867-141842259979_thumb.jpg

post-867-141842259982_thumb.jpg