Note to New Members ×

Boot fit recap.

No.2

Just done a whole lot of reading on boot fit thanks to http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?p=203860#post203860

So to recap on what I've read here....

UPZ RTRs and Head Stratus Pros are wide in the toe box and high in the instep in comparision with Deeluxes. With the UPZs slightly higher and wider while the Heads have more room for big ankles and calves.

All UPZs, Deeluxes and Heads all use thermally stable, light weight platics in the shells these days and they all have good enough buckles.

If you are going to buy UPZs make sure you T-nut the toe plates.

If you are keen on EC then there are good mods around for the Deeluxes and Heads.

Asym constructed Deeluxes will crush a high instep if you try to down size and punch out.

Definatly go Foams if you can afford it or at least Thermo warps if you want to stay warm as well.

How've I done? Am I on the right track?

I've got heavliy punched, mondo 26, Raichle SB 325s at the moment. My foot length is 270mm with high arches and insteps, EEE wide toes and slim - med ankels and calves. I'm tending towards blowing out some 26 mondo, RTR UPZs at the moment with T-nuts, intecs and Foams or Thermos (I've got a good boot fitter and work shop). Any thoughts or comments?

Thanks in advance.

Not 100% on this one but the impression I've got is that the UPZ RTRs are about as stiff or maybe a fraction less than the stiffest Deeluxes with out race kits and that the Heads Stratos Pros are a little softer with slightly lower cuffs.

Any one got some first hand experience with this?

Not 100% on this one but the impression I've got is that the UPZ RTRs are about as stiff or maybe a fraction less than the stiffest Deeluxes with out race kits and that the Heads Stratos Pros are a little softer with slightly lower cuffs. Any one got some first hand experience with this?

(The Jury may still be out on this but from what I've read, so YMMV)

I've never tried out a pair of UPZ RTR's but from what I have read, the unmodified Stratos pro is stiffer than the unmodified Track 700, but not as stiff as the unmodified Indy. Despite this, the cuff on the Stratos Pro is quite low. So if you are talking about the most recent boots I would maybe rank them like this?

UPZ RTR --> Stratos Pro --> Track 700

or Maybe like this?

UPZ RTR --> Indy --> Stratos Pro --> Track 700

I was considering getting a pair of Track 700's mid-season to replace the Stratos Pro. I think this is the thread that indicates this outcome:

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=17254&highlight=Track+700+Stratos+Pro