Note to New Members ×

SG 178, F2 177, 2 Donek 182

spudnick234

I am a racer and need to clear some of my gear to buy a new board. Prices do not include shipping. I can either ship the boards ‘as is’ or drop the boards at PTC and you can arrange with Mike for tuning/shipping.<o></o>

<o></o>

Sigi GS Titanal board 178 SG RACE PRO TEAM. (SG puts a layer of fiberglass over the titanal sheet.) This board was a demo at OES 2008 at <st1><st1>Mt.</st1><st1>Bachelor</st1></st1>. I rode it for 2 training days at the Junior Worlds in <st1><st1:country-region w:st="on">Italy</st1:country-region></st1>. There were a few slight dings in the base, but they have been repaired and performance is not affected. Mike DeSantis called it a ‘work of art’. $895 (retail: 1000 EUR)<o></o>

<o></o>

Overall Length: 1780<o></o>

Running Length: 1490<o></o>

Nose width: 240<o></o>

Waist width: 191

Tail Width: 231

Radius: 14000 (progressive)

<o>

</o>

F2 Speedster RS 177 SOLD- Used for about 20 days or so. USASA Boarder X legal. Little chunk of topsheet was chipped off from a stubby base, but was later repaired. Absolutely no deterioration in riding. Good condition. Asking $180+shipping<o></o>

2 Donek 182 GS SOLD – One is Olympic construction (built in Feb. 2006), one is regular construction (built July 2005). Both have a 16m sidecut, are 20.5cm wide and were made for Pete Thorndike. I have had these for a season, rode the Olympic model only. The regular one has one or two superficial scratches but could probably be waxed out, hasn't been ridden by me at all. The Olympic model has a fresh coat of wax on it and may possibly need a grind. $225 + shipping for each.

rest of pictures will be uploaded in a moment

post-3991-1418422589_thumb.jpg

post-3991-141842258901_thumb.jpg

post-3991-141842258901_thumb.jpg

I am interested in both of the 182's, can you tell me what kind of shape is the reg. construction in and if you know the flex #? and if there is plenty of camber left in both? I would like to try the Olympic version one day?

Thanks, Fanman

They would probably be in the same flex range as the Thorndike's other GS models. They were never placed as one of the production boards so i have no actual numbers but i could guess that they would be in the high 8's or 9's (on the donek scale). I used the olympic one last winter when i was weighing from 205-185 and the flex was fine for me. They're stiff enough to get some power out of them but i had no trouble turning them. They have plenty of life and camber left in them. I'm going out to Hood in August and if you want to try them, i can bring them with me.

The regular Donek has about an inch of camber left to it, the olympic donek has about half an inch of camber, less becuase i rode it this year and didn't ride the regular. The SG has an inch of camber as well. Full size photos are at http://s518.photobucket.com/albums/u344/wearealex/

This includes the new photos that were requested.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...