Note to New Members ×

Blackcomb glacier, Sunday 13 July

BlueB

We are back, it was fun. My dad was really impressed with summer skiing, bears spotted of the chairlift, scenery, weather... I'm impresed that the ol man stil can crank a turn after about 5 years break from skiing and wrecked knees. He's not quite carving those skis, more old school, but hell, looking good.

As for conditions, well, after few very hot days, everything is slush, but kind nice compact type. Other than glacier, very little snow left at Blackkomb, Whistler side apeared to have more. Temperatures close to 30C in the village and about 9C at the glacier.

Lots of riding/skiing camps are on, lots of rude kids willing to push throug linup and jump even blatantly slide over you skis. I stomped on one guys tips, which I never did before, just couldnt stand the permanent ride on tail of my Virus any more :(

Virus performed good on every surface, but Tanker was real fun on the last run of the day. Wish I switched to it earlier on.

We met an older couple, both on plates and freeride boards. Man has got left leg paralised below the knee and right hip replaced a year ago. I admire his spirit!

On the way back, I took some small backstreets through the village and somehow got confused and took the highway towards Pamberton. I realised only 20km later.Ah well, some extra drive on a gorgeous sunny day is ok.

I guess this is it now, for this season...

Boris