Note to New Members ×

Mt. Hood....Now

Algunderfoot

As luck would have it (I'm very lucky) I made my way up to Gov. Camp today as part of a buisness trip. Some how my 4WD found it's way into my luggage. Wondering who plans to be on the mountain & where. I was thinking MHM Sat. & Tline Sun. Sorry you're not back yet Brian (OS.com) but I hope you're well on your way!Call or text me at 414 807 5761 if you wish.Al

As luck would have it (I'm very lucky) I made my way up to Gov. Camp today as part of a buisness trip. Some how my 4WD found it's way into my luggage. Wondering who plans to be on the mountain & where. I was thinking MHM Sat. & Tline Sun. Sorry you're not back yet Brian (OS.com) but I hope you're well on your way!Call or text me at 414 807 5761 if you wish.Al

Hi Al, most of the guys hang at MHM, a few at T-Line and Ski-Bowl.

If you have not tried them they are worth it for sure!!

Low freezing levels and snow tonight should make for a great weekend.

Meadows gets pretty crowded, go early!!

Bryan

www.oldsnowboards.com

www.finelineclub.com

Al,

If I can convince my daughter to skip her 9am soccer on sunday I will try and make it up on sunday. I will txt you if that happens and will be staying in welchs tonight if you want to do dinner/drinks . I would like to meet up you as I am a Wisconsin transplant and grew up in Marshfield and grad UW-Madison.

Jim

Al,

If I can convince my daughter to skip her 9am soccer on sunday I will try and make it up on sunday. I will txt you if that happens and will be staying in welchs tonight if you want to do dinner/drinks . I would like to meet up you as I am a Wisconsin transplant and grew up in Marshfield and grad UW-Madison.

Jim

PERFECT!!

Al , Jim - Al is staying in Govy. Jim is just down the hill a few minutes.

Al - Jim can give you the full on "Locals" tour. Plus he is a super guy.

You would be hanging with a guy that has ONLY ridden hard boots for as long as I can remember. I.E. Expert with deep local knowledge.

Hope you guys can meet up.

Have fun!! Bryan

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the reply, sorry you couldn't make it up on Sunday. Both Saturday and Sunday were epic powder days, glad I had the 4WD, it didn't dissappoint. 57 ft to date and counting...Unbelievable! T-Line only had the lower lifts operating due to the blustery weather, but I hit everything they had. With only a few hundred people there the snow lasted longer than I did. Saturday at MHM started with first trax in over a foot of new fluff, (Yes....fluffy snow..in April..in Oregon) Followed Bryan's call, starting out under Shooting Star chair and moving accross and then up the mountain. Came back to Vista, which had enough snow blowing to cover the line I just ran the run before, awesome. Except for two unseen and unintentional gaps I hit (One missed..ouch! one landed...definately jibber status), it was a great day as well. Paying for it now though. You need to get up there while this incredible season continues for you Oregoneans.

Funny thing was I picked up a copy of Skiing magazine as it had an article on last minute spring flings, while it mentioned two east coast hills, (ya right) it neglected to mention Mt. Hood, which will be open through August, with plenty of snow this year. Goes to show who's left there on that editorial board.

Anyway I hope I can get back there next season, hook up with both of you then, if not sooner, say SES09?

Al