Note to New Members ×

Ski Results - but still...

wavechaser

What a year for US skiing! Five Crystal Globes and seven Season Overall podiums between for Bode, Ted and Lindsey.

This should be huge news of course, but in the Boston Globe at least, it was in a sidebar "mention".

For the record:

Bode Miller - 1st Overall, 1st Super-Combined, 2nd DH

Lindsey Vonn - 1st Overall, 1st in DH, 2nd in Super-Combined

Ted Ligety - 1st GS

Just freaking awesome!! :biggthump

Thanks ....after I watched Ted's run I scrolled down and found Matt Morisons winning ride in Italy

I found this completely by accident. His final run in Italy for the GOLD and Mike Lambert, Kimmi Z and Matt Carter meet him at the finish. You tube is so cool.

So far there is little to no press coverage in Canada

Wave,

Went to the VA Hospital today for my CAT Scan (lower back). Hopefully I'll get things in order during off season and perhaps get back to Nationals again. I'm meeting with the doctor the first week of April to get the results.

Man, being out of commission physically sucks. I don't know what I'd do if it was long term and I couldn't do my sports any more. Play music I guess - sound familiar?

We'll miss ya out there in ColoRADo.

There are some start list issues in my div - fill you in later.

-R

Wave,

"There are some start list issues in my div - fill you in later."

It wouldn't be a Nationals for you if there wasn't a speed bump or two on your way to the gates.

Well, I know what you mean, but the "bump" this time is not in my program, it's a problem for my fellow racer from up here. I HOPE it gets solved...the field won't be nearly as good without him.

But yes, if you race in four different sports year-round then life gets in the way pretty often, and you have to be ready for anything as far as events are concerned. Too many variables. But too much fun too!! :biggthump

Got ya. It's a quality of racing life issue. Someone else's bump, becomes your bump. I was thinking it was the same old crazy stuff that somehow seems to come your way every year. Well I sure hope it works out. I know you want to race the best. Such are the trials and tribulations of the TRUE amateur racer.

I was checking the Open Class to see if our favorite 60+ was going to race at Nationals. I was very happy to see his name and it kills that I won't be there to see him do it. Boy how I wish somehow someway he could climb the podium. Props to Mr. B. for climbing the mountain rather than the hill.

I was thinking it was the same old crazy stuff that somehow seems to come your way every year.

Don't get me wrong - I got PLENTY of BS going on right now...but I've been buying new skateboard racing equipment to make me feel better! :-)

I was checking the Open Class to see if our favorite 60+ was going to race at Nationals. I was very happy to see his name and it kills that I won't be there to see him do it. Boy how I wish somehow someway he could climb the podium. Props to Mr. B. for climbing the mountain rather than the hill.

Abso-f'in-lutely! SB is the best 60+ racer in the US of A!! Bummer we are not racing on the same day anymore though. I'm pretty sure I'll finally go that way next year unless Nats is a bust...and the body hold up!

Definitely THE MAN! He had the afterburners on and completely scorched the bottom half of that course! One of the finest examples of GS skiing I have ever seen. Maybe someday when I grow up, I can race like that:eek:

I'd love to see sections of the above video of Matt M's run superimposed over the video of Ted's run. Different courses and panel types I know, but such a similar upper body vs. lower body control look to their runs. Smooth, powerful, balanced, and as a result, in full control and rippin'...what we ALL want!!

We'll miss ya out there in ColoRADo.

Rick,

Do you know your schedule (travel, race, etc...)? I'd like to try to get up there for a day and meet you in person. Maybe bring Inkaholic up with me, hike up the hill early in the AM and watch some racing. I have some tentative work travel plans that week, but it looks like they may be postponed. Drop me a line when you get a chance.

Dustin

If I can get ze back in order, I want to continue to develop my skateboard "skills." It's lots of fun on a nice summer day.

It's too bad while you're at Copper you couldn't ride a longboard down that long skateboard trail they have out there. Looks like a lot of fun.

Rick,

Do you know your schedule (travel, race, etc...)? I'd like to try to get up there for a day and meet you in person. Maybe bring Inkaholic up with me, hike up the hill early in the AM and watch some racing. I have some tentative work travel plans that week, but it looks like they may be postponed. Drop me a line when you get a chance.

Dustin

Hi Dustin,

That sounds cool. I get into Denver Monday night 3/31, and to Copper then Frisco the next day/night. My races are SL 4/2 and GS 4/3...looks like all the alpine events are on Copperopolis where their NASTAR course usually is. I'm pretty sure I'll be at the Alpine Inn the 1st through the 5th, but in the Village at Copper a lot. Hopefully Vail on Friday or Saturday...my old stomping grounds!

-Rick

I get into Denver Monday night 3/31, and to Copper then Frisco the next day/night. My races are SL 4/2 and GS 4/3...looks like all the alpine events are on Copperopolis where their NASTAR course usually is. I'm pretty sure I'll be at the Alpine Inn the 1st through the 5th, but in the Village at Copper a lot. Hopefully Vail on Friday or Saturday...my old stomping grounds!
Thanks! I'll see what I can figure out.