Note to New Members ×

Spring Fever

Recon

Spring Fever!

Mid March- Spring has sprung here on the east coast some trees have blooms/ Tulips in the yard showing their color! I have seen a few Robins / Groundhogs on the move.

There was a time change & days are getting a little longer/ The promise of those warm sunny days on the horizon! Why am I feeling sad , somewhat depressed?

I should be feeling pretty good, beach time coming… With a pile of scuba gear,

7 windsurfers/ 2 Catamarans/wake board & numerous water sports & other summer gear/ why do I feel this way?

Could it be, its time for the long Honey do list she has been making all winter? Paint the house/ put in flower beds/cut all that grass/wash the dog etc.

No----------------- The truth is: ITS -------SEPERATION-----ANXIOTY!!

This is worse than a broken relationship…

Another Snowboard season has come to a end, Why does that depress me so badly, Why am I so addicted to carving? It’s not like we have a great season in this area. I can measure good carving snow here in Hrs/ not days. Which confirms, why I still struggle with my heel side!

Is there a name for this syndrome Dr? A cure maybe? This feeling hits me like a ton of bricks every yr! I have many other interest, why is this one so strong? I know I’m not alone here/ others have this Illness! Let me hear from you. Any ideas?????

What does this have to do with carving you ask? Plenty says I. Loveland and Tommy Knocker brewery are both out of Tommy K's winter brew, a delightful little porter with a touch of cocoa and a hint of honey. This is a major harbinger that the end of carving draws nigh for yet another season. But more importantly, I am not quite ready for the light, cloudy wheat ales of summer. Guinness is a nice substitute, alas, those mid day carving breaks for the next month and a half will not be the same without cocoa porter.:(

until october, (next batch,:biggthump checked yesterday)

mario

ps. Recon , Get thy buttocks out to colorado like you have been planning. If you dont do it now, you'll be at least one year older when you do!! tm

pps. or get on a long board for the summer

The winter wheats are going away. But good news is they're starting to make the Oberon now. Oooohhhhh, oberon! Golf is coming up too. Don't get me wrong, I miss boardin, but I'm glad there's golf to help take my mind off of it.

I hear ya! The slopes have all closed here in Ohio and the nearest open resort is in Northern Mich, and they'll be shutting down next weekend. I've got to switch out the garage now, put all the snowboards back up in the attic and bring down the windsurfer. I've got my wakeboard too, but I haven't had a boat in 5 years, and my friend says he's selling his this Spring so I may just leave it up there. The water's still a bit too cold to do anything right now anyway.:(

Snowshoe didn't get all the rain that was forecasted... I should have made a day-trip run there this past weekend.

Instead, I entered a mtn bike time trial race yesterday, finished a 'somewhat' satisfying 5th overall out of 20 riders.

'somehwat', because I'm an old man AND I got a flat tire about 200 yds in and had to bust my :booty to change it as fast as I could and get back rolling. Since they were starting us all at 30 second intervals, I had five riders pass me while I was struggling... I managed to pass them, and a couple more before popping out of the woods and across the finishline 6 miles and 35 minutes 21 seconds later with burning legs and lungs. Even at that, 4th place was 3 -1/2 minutes in front of me, with 3rd a full 4 minutes in front of him, so while if I had not flatted, I 'might' have been competitive for 4th, there is no way I could have done any better then that.