Note to New Members ×

Washington snowboard tuners?

Guest thomas_m

Guest thomas_m

Anyone have a recommendation for snowboard tuners in the Seattle area? I had one of my softboot boards stoned at Sturtevants and it came back noticeably not-flat, edge high.

TIA,

Thomas

Guest thomas_m

For boots, the guys at Sturtevants did a good job for me. They built a custom insole for my new Heads and baked/shaped the Intuition liners in my sofboots(32 TM1) with another mouldable insole.

Don't know how they'd be with actual boot stretching, shimming, etc but probably pretty decent given the volume of skiboots they sell. I just made sure they watched out for the Intec cable with mine. The guys that work on boots string racquets in tennis season so they are always around.

Regarding the bad grind, I'm guessing they don't get a lot of snowboarders who really get into fine tuning since their own shop, Boarderline, is totally freestyle-centric. They probably do a great job on skis...

T.

Thomas, do you have the Straros? I was going to have mine done there. I know Martin and Jeff are some of the best around but I want to make sure they have the right heater for the Heads. As far as the shop goes, they cut down the staff in the summer so they might lose some of the talent. Talk to dave Pasco in Borderline, show him your board and he will probably see that it is done correctly. They have been doing my Rossi for years and I plan to take my Donek in as well. If you want a custom tune, World Cup probably is the place to go. Sound like we ALL need to get together next year. I,m seeing alot of posts from the Seattle area, now I need to put the faces on the names. Maybe a midweek night at the pass since we cant seem to get every body to CM or Stevens. :D

Guest thomas_m

Hi Art. The Heads are 'hose moulded' and they had something to do it. It just looked like a really strong boot dryer to me. The liners in the Heads aren't like the Thermofit/Intuition which swell up and really get moulded. The actual change on the Heads is pretty minimal, I thought. Nothing at all like the Intuition in my softboots. Still very comfy with the custom insole - feel much better than the aforementioned softboots...

I'll be going to the Summit/Alpental 2 or 3 weekNIGHTS all next season and will probably be going to Stevens most weekends unless I'm short on time. I like Crystal but it's kinda tight and up-n-down. I didn't get a chance to visit Baker this year.

I'm still new to boarding,coming from surfing but got hooked hard. I started on Groundhog day this year and will end up with 25+ days for the season. Gonna try to double that next year!

T.

Guest AlpentalRider

My buddy and myself will have to hook up with you two if you go to the Pass. I live in Snoqualmie Ridge, which is a hop, skip, and jump away from the Summit. We get the midweek S Pass every year there. When there's pow, we hit the Backcountry on the lower traverse and elevator gates. If it's hardpack we bring the hardboot setup and lay carves at Alpental or Silver Fir Chair.

Thx thomas. I figured they would have the stuff, I just havnt been by to check. There are between 5 and 10 of us who are CM regulars but the pass is only about 45 minutes away. Sean Cassidy from Snowperformance.com does clinics in the northwest and I would HIGHLY recommend it if you can get to one. He will be at Hood in may (see the thread), and does a few clinics in Sun Peaks a year. Marty at Alpental also does clinics with him. There is alot of talent in the area. we just need to get together with the show of force.:D