Note to New Members ×

bluetomato.com

mikeportnoy

True the American dollar really sucks right now to say the least but if I'm not finding what I want here in the States, has anybody ordered from bluetomato.com before? I'm looking for a F2 board...they have some test boards that are reasonably priced but do you get nailed in customs fees?

True the American dollar really sucks right now to say the least but if I'm not finding what I want here in the States, has anybody ordered from bluetomato.com before? I'm looking for a F2 board...they have some test boards that are reasonably priced but do you get nailed in customs fees?

I have bought several items from Blue Tomato-- all good. Re: duty I think I paid about $30 for a F2 board - which is paid to shipper DHL. You might be able to call them and ask how much duty might be on a $XXX item.

I just bought a pair of F2 bindings off them, too. I had trouble with their website this time. 5 years ago, I purchased a board & bindings from them and it was straightforward and easy. This time, the website would never let me get to the "Payment" page. It would go straight to the Delivery page and say "Select Payment Type before proceding to this page" but you could never get to a page that would allow you to select a payment type. I emailed customer service, they reponded within 24 hours and the order was placed manually.

I use them all the time to ship here to the UK and have done so for several years. Good Austrian company, English speakers, stock F2 and Deluxe kit which is what I get there.

On your specific, obviously within the EU you don't get customs fees, which is why it's there. I can't tell you if the US has customs barriers for this stuff or not; Blue Tomato may be able to tell you, or google for your customs web site.

I just got an F2 Silberpfeil from them. Since it is the end of season they have a pretty scarce supply of high demand items and I was on the web at the right time to get a new 168 they had just listed (my first real carving board :1luvu:). It was about 40% off including VAT and came DHL in three business days for $42 shipping still wrapped in the factory plastic.