Note to New Members ×

Bear Mtn on 3-7-08

gdboytyler

Gary, good luck with the black lung thing.

OVR, have fun in AZ. Watch out for crashing fighter planes.

My friend finally received his metal Prior WCR 177, 3-4 weeks after paying for it (Ebay auction from Canada). So I might finally get to check out the metal hype for myself.

Guest DarkClone

Wed. was pretty darn good, cold Santa Ana all day. Guess what? They blew snow Wed. night into Thurs. morning. Oh MY GOD was it ever epic on Silver Thurs. No one and I mean no one was there. Geronimo was unreal also. In fact that run was downright perfect. Mild temp. but what kept it so good was the single digit humidity, along with constant wind from N.E. I am pulling Shane from school. Gdboytyler be ready to rip, tear and lacerate!! See you en la manana.... DarkClone............

Guest DarkClone

Gdboytyler thanks for coming up and ripping in the perfect cond. and bringing your friend Robert. Cool dude and I wish him well on his big day tomorrow. Again the microclimate and snowmaking made for B-grade Ego snow. Yeah I didn't quite get the carving 360 but my intentions were all good. It was nice having Silver basicly to ourselves. DarkClone.....

I got to try out Robert's Prior metal WCR 177 for a few hours. Best alpine board I've ever ridden!

I was surprised at how easy it was to ride the 177, considering it was the longest board I've ever ridden. Snow got harder in the afternoon, and the metal Prior held a better edge in the hard snow than my Madd 158.

The metal Prior also worked great for EC.

Next season, I'll be getting a metal board:biggthump

Guest DarkClone

Yeah I was eyeing that board all day. Think about it, more edge on the snow will help hold in a turn, especially in hard cond. Did you notice that you could really lay into it and the board would load up and presto more speed coming out of the turn? Glad you liked the board. DarkClone...

I'm sure you're right that the longer length was part of the reason the Prior had such a better edge hold vs my Madd 158 and Donek 165. But the soft flex of the Prior sure made it user friendly.

DC, before you drop the cash on a Madd, I would highly recommend demo'ing a metal Prior.