Note to New Members ×

I think I found my Bible.

Skwalleur

Tao of (skiiing) snowboarding and skwalling!

Came across this book and ordered it immediately. Anyone read it?

I'll post a review asap.

51cfja3gnjL._SS500_.jpg

"Patrick “Thias” Balmain, creator and promoter of the skwal--a type of snowboard that positions the feet and the body facing forward on the board--discovered that by applying a concentrated awareness to movement activities such as skiing, a balance in motion can be achieved that is pure harmony and joy. When the mind is completely engaged, not with its thoughts but with the attention it commits to the movement of the body, it brings forth a balance between Earth’s center of gravity and that of the individual that evokes lasting transformations in one’s stance toward life, influencing one’s attitudes, gestures, words, and actions."

I enjoyed the spirit of the book, open to lots of things and I very much liked his descriptions of the various ranges of movement -- along the lines of (but much better and detailed of course) what I managed here.

All the same, I found the writing style a bit difficult to follow, perhaps it was a poor translation into English? I found myself having to re-read some paragraphs over and over to get a clear idea of what they were saying.

Good read, great ideas.

tom.