Note to New Members ×

Wash State Crystal Mountain

C5 Golfer

Guest thomas_m

Yeah, having every seat on a 6 person lift filled with a hardbooter was pretty cool. It was good to put faces to names. hope to see you at Hood in May or next season for sure.

Oh yeah! The skiing Easter Bunny was great too...

Thomas

What a day it was! Met Al and Thomas by luck and by noon there was 6 or seven booters going for it. First time riding with other "booters". My wife was bummed she wasn't there.Can't wait till next season. Thanks again everyone for a memorable day!

Originally posted by jason_watkins

hey, where were you guys? Only saw one hardbooter all day. Anyhow, that was my first time at crystal... you guys have a nice mountain. I bet that place is fantastic on a powder day.

Jason

Queens run area and Rainier Express down Lucky Shot is where we were in the morning. Sorry we missed you - I had radio on all day did you try to call?

Bill and others -- yes it was good to ride with all of you that day , glad it worked out and hopefully we can strart next season with a ride at Crystal and 10 or more will show up.

Al:)

I was on Forest Express most of the day. I do remember seeing some carved tracks on queens that I wasn't sure were mine... I probibly just missed you guys several times :P. I radio'd on 4-11 a couple times as well.

No biggie, it would have been nice to meet some people but I enjoyed riding your hill. Did you guys see the skiier chick that did her last run topless? :D

Guest AlpentalRider

No we aren't ski patrol, but my buddy was a snowboard instructor there. Matter of fact, he's the one who kept bugging me for 3 years to get out of my skis and into a snowboard. I made the change 8 years ago and haven't touched my skis since rofl.

Guest thomas_m

Hi Jason. Sorry I missed you. I was with the main group on my 4WD until 11:00 or so when I went to eat & rest a bit. I tried another run with John after and the slush and my dead legs made me switch to my Donek Wide and softboots for the last few runs. Unfortunately, I couldn't find anyone and my radio's batts died...

I know what you mean about getting used to the hardboots. It was only my third time out and I was having to really push it to try keep up with the others. I was probably riding faster than I ever have and they still had to sit and wait for me. LOL I did a couple beautiful ass slides after washing out on the heelside. The 3lbs of snow that then forced its way down the back of my pants was refreshing on in the heat! Riding behind people that had a clue was a big help in figuring out my own probs. Watching Eric jam down the moguls on his Madd was uhhh hmmm enlightening - especially since I was a total cluster**** on the bumps on my Prior.

Let me know when you come up next season. Crystal is really pretty when it's covered. Yesterday was kind of depressing with the muddy spots and rocks. The coolest thing for me is the variety of terrain within a small area from easy greens to steep backcountry.

Hope to see you at Hood next month.

Thomas

Yeah. I've gotten in 9 days or so now on hardboots, and am still very inconsistant. Sometimes everythings working and I actually feel more confident than on my usual setup. But much of the day I'm floundering around trying to get back in the groove.

I had your crash experience this weekend at hood. Was working on carving, and was getting way to much speed over a bunch of choppy stuff. Got thrown off my heelside by a bump I didn't soak up. By the time I stopped skipping and sliding, I had snow packed all the way down my back, the backs of my pants legs, and even into my boots.

Yeah, hope to see you guys at hood in May. I'm stoked that it looks like there will be a couple of us that are just starting out on plates... we can compare notes.