Note to New Members ×

Personalized Stance help...via video conferencing

John Gilmour

Yes, quantum leap... That's the way today on the slopes was!

So, I did the mega-Gilmour-bias with front at 60 and rear at 53. I couldn’t quite get 18.25 width so settled for 18 with the plates shifted back just a bit from centered on the sidecut. I pushed everything as far to the edges as I could (I'll have to get out the dremel and work on the crescent slots to go further <grin>) which ended up as way more Gilmour bias than I used to have.

<FORM name=vbform onsubmit="return vB_Editor['vB_Editor_001'].prepare_submit(0, 5)" action=newreply.php?do=postreply&t=19926 method=post> </FORM>

I went to 3 degrees of cant on the back foot plus about 1/4 inch of heel lift, and with the narrower stance that pain in my back ankle was not there even with the 53 degree back foot. Sweet!

We had a rare for us "sunscreen required" day. The grooming team had my favorite run as flat as ever. The temps never got high enough to soften things too much. Basically as close to Hero snow as we ever get here!

Okay, so the results... Don't you just love the sound of both gloves skimming cord? zzzZZZiiiiZZZzzz!!! I'm burning holes in my favorite gloves!

Actually, for the first few turns I was skidding out just at the end of my toesides so I adjusted to pull the board when I felt that, and roll into the heelside. Toward the end of the day I was actually getting solid heelside carves with my forward inside hand on the snow, bonking my inside hip on the snow, and my back hand elbow against my front knee. Whoo Hoo!

I think we may be able to get back into a "buddy link" with you tomorrow (Friday) evening around 7:30 your time, if that'll work for you. I'm now more convinced than ever that stance is critical to this Quantum leap into railing on both sides.

Thanks for your help in making one of my best days ever!

Mike

I gave him more lift so his knee could come forward. he is on a board that is a bit too wide. Sean Martin tried to get him to buy a narrower board too- I think he will get one for his next board.

The wide difference in angles is due to him riding his board which is stiff and wide for his foot and weight- this only to give him leverage to make the set up work as best as possible.

Anyone with a narrow Donek 19-18cm that needs wider one?

He was too inbound on his rear heel- so I fixed that by flattening his rear angle. That would cause heelside washout.

________

EXTREME VAPORIZER REVIEW