Note to New Members ×

Burton Step in questions

paappraiser

Hi

Im a little confused on bindings. I have some standard burton race bindings. They fit my standard Raichle boots.

However I was looking to get a extra set of bindings for fun on my regular board.

Would My boots fit on the burton step in carriers?

http://www.klugriding.com/product_group.php?product_group_id=83

Or the other ones that have the little lever on the back?

Thanks

Originally posted by paappraiser

Ok thanks.

Im pushing maximum on the raceplates to start. (190-200lbs)

What about these guys

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3669918306&category=21248

Just a example.

thanks in advance.

:)

Nope, you don't want those either (too much flex to engage)....... For Step-Ins, stick with either FAST or Intec systems. Both will require a new heel on your boot.

What about these guys

Just a example.

thanks in advance.

I have the exact same model. I weigh 130 lb and used those bindings on a Burton Supermodel and Burton Alp for a combined 50+ days of riding.

After 3 days of riding on an Oxygen GS board, I broke the heel bail on my front binding. I don't know if the bail just got worn out over the years, or if I was putting more pressure on the bindings when I rode the GS board.

I've since switched to TD2's.

But I do miss the convenience of the Burton Step-in Race Plate. The ease of step-ins without the need of Intec heels/cable.

IMO, the best binding would have the step-in mechanism of the Burton Step-in Race with the durability/craftmanship of the TD2. That's my wish for the TD3!

Ok thanks.

What about these guys

Don't do it. I had those...sometimes they snapped right in, sometimes they misfired...I was bending down half the time anyway. The covers on the heel blocks liked to pop free as well. Oh, and the toeblock on one binding cracked (I'm not an aggressive rider, 175lb in gear).

Buy some used TD's instead...

joe...

This is a little off topic but I thought I would share....

I had a pair of Physic step ins a few seasons back.... and on my first run of the day I got to the bottom of the hill...and to my surprise...the heel piece failed...no it didn't pre-release...it wouldn't release...I ended up having to take my foot out of the boot and walk in the snow with one boot one sock.. to the shop.. unfortunately the only way to make that system emergency release is with 2 flathead screwdrivers....well the shop couldn't release my boot...so I was done for the day...went home and fiddled for hours until I was finally able to release the boot...here the mech in the heelpiece failed...needless to say I ended up selling those bindings... minus a heel piece to a fellow here on bomberwho had a few sets of Physics....

that was the last piece of Burton gear I've owned...and this come from someone who was ridding Burton Cruise's and PJ's while lovin' every minute of it....

ok ramble over....