Note to New Members ×

carving softies... weak ankles?

shawndoggy

Wow, thanks for all that info. My Cateks are coming in Tuesday, so I'll have more options as far as really trying to get it dialed in.

As for me, I've put my hardboots up for this season. I almost put up snowboarding for the season too due to my injury.

Just out of curiosity, what angles do you run on your softies?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 front and 41 rear. (I was shocked to see it was that high and works as well as it does)

highbacks rotated as far as they can go. toe ramp on rear on second setting. Heel cup on front carefully adjusted... yes even an inch makes a huge difference..even a 1/2 inch! front heel cup is set at 1.5 rear heelcup set at 1. distance from front baseplate to heel edge is 1/4 inch distance from rear basepalte to heel edge is about 3/4 inch. distance from baseplate to toe edge in front is 3/4 inch distance from rear baseplate to toe edge is about 1/4-1/2 inch. front highback lean set to "3" rear highback lean set to almost 4 (read through window with line indicator).

Someday I should do a little video showing how this works. All I know is if I put someone with the same size boot who is the same size as me in this set up and they already carve well in hardboots- they rip on this set up in about 8 turns.

The problem with riding angled like this ...well its similar to alpine.. everything has to be just right for it all to work. Not like freestyle flat angles where you can be completely off and just compensate with a gross body movement. I have size 9.5-10 feet.

Angles on the force DLX union binding are of course different than those of other bindings.. because the foot plates all vary. Boots also vary.. so you never know your exact angle..

I gauge a fit by the biomechanics of movement..not getting hung up on angles because as soon as you change a binding or boot size... it is all off.

Oddly enough.... incrementally... the soft boot Union bindings allow even finer foot positioning than a Catek or Bomber binding..

but that still won't make me give up hard boots. he speed rush just isn't there in softies... the only thrill is that you were able to force the soft boots to carve.

________

It490