Note to New Members ×

Burton Fire Boots issue...

holiday01

Has anyone tried these boots and found them a little smaller then most. I know they are a little more narrow then most, but I don't think thats the problem.

I had a pair of Raichle's before this size 27.5 with 27 liners, and the Burton Fire's are 27.5-28 shell with deeluxe 27 liners.

I'm having a hell of a time getting them dialed in. Anyone else have the same issue with these boots.

I have a pair of Burton Wind(similar to Fires), 27.5 and my foot measures a 28.5 but they fit great. Little snug during the first few runs and then they loosen up. Never had a problem with them.

On the other hand, I just purchased some 27.5 Indys for this year as the Winds are over 6 years old. I am having issues with my Deeluxe so I am thinking about finding a pair of Wind or Fires just to have as a back up if mine decide to break.

I'm wondering what people usually do with their othodics.

I have a pair of smart feet footbeds, and I also have a very thin orthodic, that is only the back half of the foot and probably only 1cm thick. Do most people use both foot beds and othodics? or do people usually use a flat footbed with their othodics. I've tried all of these options and still get numbing pain in my arch's and I've never had this problem before.

Any thoughts, should I try again with smart feet and orthodics or should I ust try another boot?

I take out the original footbed and put my orthodic in place.

The other thing to take into consideration with orthodics is that your foot might actually shrink, especially if you're flat footed. I lose half a mondo size point when using my orthodics since surefoot molded them to give me a little bit of an arch.

My orthodics are only the back half of the foot and really thin, so I need some kind of footbed in there. my left arch is completely collapsed and I need the support from the ortho's. Like I said, I tried the orthodics on top of a completely flat foot bed but that just killed my arches too. I'm going to the boot fitter tomorrow, but he really hasn't been very helpful so far in this process.

IF I don't have enough room in the toe box, can this cause the rest of the foot to be painfull? I'm thinking or hoping this is the case and I'm going to mold them again and make extra room in the toe box.

Any Thoughts.

they're narrow and they run a little different, they are the whole size and the next half size down where as most boots are the whole size and the next half size up.

so your deeluxe would be a would be a 27 and with a thinner liner a 275 so the boot is actually 275 where as burton is 265 or with the thin liner is a 27 so if you buy a burton in 27 you're getting a actual 27 not like with deeluxe where it's actually a 275

also, if you have the standard deeluxe liner it's thicker than the burton liner in allot of places and if you have the thermoflex liner it can bunch and snag in the burton shell easily while molding.

that boot is better suited to a tongued liner anyway, so any deeluxe liner is second best IMHO. some people say the tflex works in that boot but that's probably because they've not used a half decent tongued liner in them.

Ok so the shells of these boots are stamped 27.5 - 28, and these deeluxe thermofit liners are 27. these should be no smaller then 27 right. my foot measures just under 27, so I really think this should work out for me. Maybe I just need to pound out the boot a little.

One more Question, I have a pair of 27 intuition liners on the way, which liner is thicker the deeluxe or intuition?

I've used these tongued liners for the past couple years in Raichle boots, but I think they would work well for the Burton stuff. They are NOT as stiff as the Raichle & Intuition liners, but man oh man are they comfy. Garmont G-Fit High Liner:

the g-fits are NICE, they probably would work well with burton, I have a set in my tele boots.

if I did go that route I'd cut a piece of plastic for the tongue of the liner to protect it from the cuff of the shell, that is the biggest issues with the burton the cuff will "eat" soft material. allot of ski boots are that way and it's not a issue because they like the burton boots because they come with a plastic tongue on the liner keeping it from being a pressure point and from the shell destroying the liner.