Note to New Members ×

SnoPro Race Standard

Speed Demon

Have the Race LTDs. Great binding! Strong, easy angle changes and toe/heel adjustments. Lift and cant wedges can be a little tricky getting in place. Moderately stiff, certainly not Bomber or Catek, but still get the job done. The dampening pad under the base plate is nice - VERY top sheet friendly (not that it is a big priority, but still nice!)

As I remember it, the base plate design is slightly different between the standard and LTD. Other than that, pretty much the same binding from what I can tell. The LTD has the aluminum disks (new for '04). Did you get aluminum or plastic disks? $70 bucks sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me. Enjoy 'em!

Kirk

well i think they are 2001's and they are the plastic ones and they are brand new. i still havent figured out how to get the angles/cants setup on the the bindings so i have them mounted with just the rubber dampening pad, is that ok? but for a beginner would i need to set up the cants at all, or should i go without them?

________

PRILOSEC PREGNANCY

that's more personal preference than anything else. Canting will allow you to go to a slightly wider stance comfortably. Canting and lift variations run the gamut. Personally, I use 6* on the rear with some heel lift, no canting on the front with a little toe lift. Have you read "How to set up your plate bindings" in the Welcome Center. Good stuff - should get ya started.

(Man, Jack would be proud!)

Enjoy!

Kirk

Guest Jagger

Kirk go to the UPS boot site and E mail Dan Yoja He may be able to help you out on setting the cants up. Oh and BTW If you look closely if you haven't noticed Those bindings come with built in 3* cant so there is a right and a left binding. Or email me I could copy the canting instructions and mail them to you.

Mike

Ooops Meant to address topic to Speed demon not kirk sorry:o

I'll admit that the instructions from Snowpro were not real clear regarding cant and lift wedge setup. For me it was just a little tedious to get things to line up and figure out which length of mounting screws were going to work. I consider myself fairly coordinated and I'm certainly not new to setting up plate bindings. I had a few moments of frustration there getiing 'em the way I wanted them. I finally got mine dialed and they work great - I've come to really like this binding. However, this might be good feedback for Dan Yoja and maybe even Snowpro.

Kirk