Note to New Members ×

new boots

Ear dragger

I recently got the new Deeluxe Track 700 T (thanks hardbooter.com) and I must say they work great. I originally was thinking about the UPZ but they hurt my ankles. So far the Deeluxe flex enough but at the same time when I really step into them they right there. Thats just my 2 cents. The most important thing in my book is that they fit right, nothing worse than boots that don't fit.

since everyone's feet are different, my best advice for you is to go over to startingate in stratton vt (should be relatively close to you ) and try on the deeluxe and head boots. if the heads are too narrowand you don't want to have them punched out, you can always order the upz.

That is the only shop I know of in the eastern US that stocks hardboots, plus they have great bootfitters on staff.

I have the UPZ and once you get them dialed in, they are a solid boot. Get a bucket of extra buckles because I keep snapping mine. Dan Yoja stocks them at http://www.upzboots.com . The new liners hopefully are better than what I got that caused this.

My problems with UPZ are the crappy buckles, the 5 buckle system can sometimes work against itself (the 3rd and 4th from the top would bump into each other when the boot is getting really flexed) and they are a pain in the ass to get in and out of. Outside of that, sweet stiff boot.

edit: also, do what tex said.

I have a little wider than average feet. I'm also little flat footed so I need to get a custom insole because I occassionally get pain on my arch. Definitly try to try before you buy at Starting Gate. Nothing is more frustrating than wrestling with your boots the whole day. It can make a sunbaked-hero-snow day a dreery day. Its happend to me when I bought my first boots, Burton Winds, and it was always a struggle and even the perfect days were sometimes ruined.