Note to New Members ×

F2 binding info?

BadBrad

I'm trying to find some more details about F2 bindings. I visited their website, but still have some questions.

How would you rank the various F2 bindings from softest to stiffest?

What sort of cant/lift options do they have? I read something about wedges, but couldn't find a picture of what they look like.

Thanks,

BB

I'm riding F2 Intec Challenge Comps. They have a plastic base with a metal disc and metal ring to accept the disc. There are wedges that you can increase the cant and lift. There are fairly hard plastic strips that serve to buffer the base from the skin on the deck.

They are stiffer than the Burton Carrier and Race Step-ins and most of the regular Burton plates. They are not as stiff as the F2 metal based bindings. If I had to give them a rating it would be a 5 to 6 on a scale of 10. The aforementioned Burtons would be 4 to 5. The Burton all metal plates would be in the 7 to 8 category.

Sorry I can't give you an estimate on other brands, as I haven't spent enough time on them.

I chose the F2 Intec Challenge comps for 5 reasons

1. They're easy on the boards

2. They dampen out icy slopes

3. They flex well when I'm off piste and in the bumps

4. They are incredibly light.

5. They take the edge and chatter off really stiff boards.

They don't have the bling factor the Bomber's do, which leads me to believe they're a little less likely to get stolen.

I switched over both quivers (Minnesota, Seattle) and outfitted both my son and daughter-in-law last year. Everybody loves them. Luckily I hit it before the dollar hit the skids and bought 15 pair last year.

Brad:

You're going to have a hard time finding F2 bindings in North America. They are having some problems with distribution. No doubt that is what prompted both Bomber and YYZCanuck to carry Ibex bindings.

FWIW, I do like the F2s but find the cant and lift options a bit limiting. I always seem to be missing a wedge and have to compromise.