Note to New Members ×

MAC Tracks '08

Phil

phil, i was planning on attending mac tracks this year, i really enjoyed last year. but i had an accident on the slopes this past weekend which will keep me from attending. i just wanted you to know it was not because i did not enjoy last year. i am sure you will plan a great event ,like last year.keep me on your mailing list for next year. hopefully i will be back on the slopes in a few weeks. Bill Bennett

Wow, what a great day - even though we had our lowest turnout since our inception. This was no doubt due to the poor weather patterns. One foot of slush does not make for the best carving event, but we were given lemons and we made lemonade.

Last year there were just under fifty, this year there were just under fifteen.

When you get turnout for a foot of slush and some bare spots, though, you know that you are getting the die hards. These guys had the best attitudes you could have. A great time was had by all.

Special thanks go out to Neil Sunday for setting up gates, doing the race clinic, and running the race. Thanks to Fred P. for timing us.

Snowscaper was a big help to me personally and congrats to him for completing his first ever circle in spite of the adverse conditions.

Thanks to Mark Brown for helping with the gates.

It was a terrible day for a limbo, but JBS showed us that it was not impossible (right after he blew everyone away on the race course - by a lot). We also have some progressive captures of what it looks like to fold the nose - along with the ensuing carnage. I will post that as soon as I get it together.

Bill - sorry you could not make it. I hope that you continue to recover well. Hope to see you next year.

Bear Creek turned out to be a great venue - especially the race trail.

Pre-race pic:

MT08.jpg

P.S. I would certainly be remiss if I did not mention my Mom - without her help babysitting the twirps, i could not have gotten this thing together. Thanks Mom.