Note to New Members ×

Whistler bound

flying_burito

I am heading to Whistler on Feb. 15th and 16th. Any recommendations for some nice runs, I want to experience eternal bliss.:D

I'm partial to Blackcomb Mountain. Head on over to Seventh Heaven and keep traversing as far as you can across the face of that bowl. Drop in when you see a clean line.

Ride your brains out on the Friday and then take it easy when the crowds form on Saturday. Sign up for the First Tracks breakfast or just show up at the lifts at 7:30AM and tell the liftees you are doing First Tracks. They usually don't care.

When it gets crowded, go over to Horstman Glacier. Ride up and down the two T-bars. It never gets too busy over there.

I'm gonna miss you by a day!

I love Harmony Chair on Whistler. Check out harmony ridge and scope out a line into one of the chutes. Use a spotter and drop into some freshies (usually air-entry). The snow there is epic!.

Bail on Symphony chair, too much traversing and not what I would call AMAZING... plus traverse and run-outs are a b*tch on a snowboard.

I also echo the "first tracks" sentiments, it's a ton of fun and you get the first runs of the day (usually 2-3 prior to people making it to the top)...

Awesome carving run - Saddle on Whistler (gets busy).

Leg Burner - Peak to Creek....

Leave some pow for me!

-Gord

+1 on the Saddle and specially Peak to Creek which is a long run with 5300 feet of vertical drop - just did those a couple of days ago.

Head over to Blackcomb for bliss. Ride Solar Coaster chair to the top and ride the run you see below your chair back to Solar Coaster before the crowds show up, then go to top of Seventh Heaven go left off the chair around the hut, drop into the Glacier where you have an enjoyable ride heading towards the end of Glacier chair timing your entry and exit thru T Bar groove, where you see a road highlited by green and blue discs, stay on or near the road till you run into Ridge Runner - rest for a bit and carve the hell out of Ridge Runner till your legs get tired at the bottom. It is a very long enjoyable ride cuz you just rode about 2 miles and dropped 3000 + feet vertical without a chair ride.

You'll be smilin at the bottom and you legs will be groaning. :biggthump

They usually have gate set up (closed run)on Ross's Gold till the afternoon then open it up later in the day. Good groomers still left in the afternoon. Im partial to Rock and roll, Zig Zag, Twist and shout, Ridge runner and that side of the mountian with the exception that it empties to the Excellerator chair which can be busy at times. If you can tolerate slow, the crystal chair can have some decent groomers under it. It just depend on how busy the place is. Jersey Cream and Blowdown can be good too. Been a while since I was up though.