Note to New Members ×

Utah or Colorado?

scotts.Scheinman

Short answer, both areas offer a ton of choice. SLC is very handy, cheap hotels. Major city stuff. If you rent a car, hit the biggies then take Zoom's advice.

Tahoe, a lake surrounded by killer ski areas. They will all blow you away. Might want to say good by to family and friends because you won't be coming back!!!:ices_ange

I think if I had an opportunity, I would be very tempted to live in Aspen in the winters. Not so crowded and killer options for both good pow and carving. I have been to most of the areas you have mentioned so far and any will be impressive. The amount of people is becoming a bigger issue to me these days. There are plenty off outstanding ski areas, the key is finding one that is not over-run. Canada used to be an excellent option. Time will tell what the trends will become. Have fun no matter where you end up.

Guest DarkClone

This is a very interesting thread to say the least! Suprised Sun Valley has not been brought up yet. KILLER LONG RUNS and you will see some light speed skiing and carving. But were talking mellow yellow so go to Aspen. 4 awesome hills and runs that are usually right out of a wet dream!! Buttermilk and Highlands are my favs cause very low key kick back. Now Snowbasin is a great resort with plenty of room and that undiscovered feel to it. Plus everything is built and maintained like a Billionaires house. Heck you could eat off the marble in the loo. Sierras are awesome with June Mt. a real gem (read mom and pop 60's feel to it with NO CROWDS EVER!!). All in all though any top resort in Summit County will do the job nicely!! Darkclone out............