Note to New Members ×

Floppy Madd BX + F2 Conshox = ?

Gleb

I have an early Carbon butterfly Madd BX (doesn't have madd logo on the base, which means its pretty old) that has become floppy, but I don't want to part with.

I also have a conshox that brought new life to my Silberpfeil.

The conshox has a tendency to destroy topsheets, which I don't worry about too much, since the F2 silberpfeil has a solid topsheet.

What worries me is the Madd has what seems to be a little more delicate topsheet and I'm worried about the integrity of the whole board if the top is going to be destroyed.

Anyone have any insight?

and it left a pretty good pattern on the topsheet. My Silberpfiel withstood the Conshox really well too and barely had any markings on it even after 3-4 seasons of use. Guess it just depends on the topsheet? The one thing I experienced when I put the Conshox on the Rossi was that although it stiffened it up in the middle, it made the tip and tail really waffle when ridden hard. As has been mentioned on this topic before, the Conshox is supposed to be an F2 board attachment only, but hey if you got one laying around and a soft all mountain board, why not give it a try right? I could probably have adjusted to the sudden change in stiffness/flexiness if I tried, but ended up opting for the softer more predictable ride without the Shox.

post-857-141842248546_thumb.jpg

I put it on last night and I was thinking about the nose being pretty far from where the conshox ends and how it might create a problem. Another problem is that it doesn t fit properly. I attached the 4 screws at the top of the board but the 2 on the bottom didnt line up with the inserts. I might have someone put an insert there for me, but for now, if i clamp the binding on through the conshox, it should hold to see if its worth the effort.

Thanks for the input. Giving this a go on thursday!

hope you can work something out, let me know how it goes. I've been kicking around the idea of a carbon fiber support similar to the butterfly the Madds use, but when I found out how much carbon fiber costs I had second thoughts! Im sure the Conshox would work on the right board, it just depends on the shape I think.

Good luck!

yeah carbon fiber isn't cheap. The conshox reaches much higher on the F2s than on the Madd so it will probably be something I'll have to figure out how to carve on.

Thanks, and I'll post about it on thursday night.

Kent, I'll be holding on to it, but if I ever wanna sell it (probably never) I'll let you know first :biggthump

If you are familiar for laminating, then price of carbon is not high.

Ammount you need to make board stiff cost much less than Conshox including epoxy. Been there done that :eek:

People have just funny attitude to carbon that it will cost a leg, but for one board it does not cost pretty much nothing, specially compared to that if/when you get board fixed to condition that it is again usable.

• 4 weeks later...

the verdict is.....its total crap.

At slower speeds, you can keep it in control, but the moment you start picking up speed and laying it over, the nose wants to travel a different path then the rest of the board. Waaay to much flop. Looks kind of cool though, I'll post a picture of it tonight.